Error: file /boot/initramfs-4.19-x86_64.img not found

Hello, I hope you have a nice day.
Yesterday I update mi Manjaro and my laptop turned off.
I already follow this steps: Using livecd v17.0.1 (and above) as grub to boot OS with broken bootloader
but I couldnt repair the damage.
if I put $echo $grub_platform the output is "efi"
I dont have any USB with Manjaro, a friend installed me Manjaro.
I have sensitive job information and hope it can be fixed without deleting Manjaro and reinstalling it

you will need some sort of live usb to get to the terminal to repair it
verify the file initramfs-4.19-x86_64.img exists if not you can edit grub.cfg to use one of the fallback images, my system has several you could use one of them to boot the system
change grub.cfg to use initramfs-4.14-86_64.img if u have it on your boot folder
hope that helps

1 Like

Try the following:

1. Boot to your Manjaro live usb and connect to internet

2. Chroot to your installed system (how-to)

3. Run pacman -Syu
    or if that won't work
    pacman-mirrors -f5 && pacman -Syyu

4. Perhaps you would need to re-install the kernel as well:
    mhwd-kernel -i linux419
    mkinitcpio -P

5. sudo update-grub

6. Type exit to leave chroot

7. :crossed_fingers:t3: and reboot

2 Likes

Can the images have version conflicts?
I only have this in my directory: /media/ubuntu/d5bba83a-3e3b-4d35-a201-a3a63ed12104/boot
These are the files inside my path: efi grub initramfs-3.16-x86_64-fallback.img initramfs-3.16-x86_64.img intel-ucode.img linux316-x86_64.kver linux419-x86_64.kver memtest86+ vmlinuz-3.16-x86_64 vmlinuz-4.19-x86_64

Is that just going to be an update? I'm afraidi will lose my info

If your system was shut down in the middle of updating, you willl need to run the updates again. Those commands will update your system. Nothing more. Reinstalling the kernel will restore all the files your system needs to boot properly. Hopefully those steps will get your system up and running again.

1 Like

Sorry, I missed this part of your OP. Please ignore my suggestion in this case.

Thank you very much!
I follow all of your steps and I recovered my SO successfully :heart:

2 Likes

Great news!
You are welcome!

Glad to hear @Marte helped to solve this issue. Please click the ... on the bottom of his solution advice post- click the solution box. Then edit your title with [Solved] .
Well done
:clap:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by