Error in VirtualBox

Hello all. i am trying to install Manjaro in VirtualBox using Mint Cinnamon as the host. Here is an error that has appeared on three unsuccessful installs and numerous attempt at correction -Screenshot%20from%202019-02-05%2016-54-34

Any ideas to resolve this?

The Manjaro Wiki? Eg:
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Virtualbox

Forum search.

Manjaro wiki.

Is your user a member of the vboxusers group?

Have you the correct virtualbox packages installed?

Have you tried running the command suggested in the error message?

/sbin/vboxconfig

Since the issue is with the host (i.e. Linux Mint), you might want to try these:

sudo apt-get install virtualbox-dkms
sudo modprobe vboxdrv

If that doesn't work, what version of Mint are you running?

Also, this is 100% not a Manjaro issue. If the above doesn't work, you might want to search the Linux Mint forums

How did you install virtualbox? Which packages? Looks like you are missing something.

downloaded and checked sha256, downloaded ext pack form oracle; thendouble-clicked vb in downloads and restarted. then double-clicked ext. pack and it installed. i then went through settings without any issues. but when starting vb so i could install manjaro, i got the message shown. so, i thought sure someone in the "man" forums must have come across the same or similar issue prior to install to disc.

What do you mean? You did not install the packages from the repos? Which packages did you download and where?

I have the following packages installed:

linux420-virtualbox-host-modules 6.0.2-3
virtualbox 6.0.2-1
virtualbox-guest-iso 6.0.2-1
virtualbox-host-dkms 6.0.2-1

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by