Error initializing docker

Got some errors when running

docker run hello-world
docker: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?.
See 'docker run --help'.

so i did

sudo dockerd --debug

and got

DEBU[2020-03-22T23:08:26.859638061-03:00] Listener created for HTTP on unix (/var/run/docker.sock) 
DEBU[2020-03-22T23:08:26.859798177-03:00] Containerd not running, starting daemon managed containerd 
failed to start containerd: fork/exec /usr/bin/containerd: exec format error

i've already searched a lot but didnt find a way to solve this, any help?

Make sure you are up-to-date, enable and run the Docker service, and check its status for errors:

sudo pacman -Syu
sudo systemctl enable --now docker
systemctl status docker
1 Like

i am up-to-date , but when i ran it i got:

sudo systemctl enable --now docker

Job for docker.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status docker.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

and

`Systemctl status docker

● docker.service - Docker Application Container Engine
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/docker.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2020-03-23 00:14:34 -03; 3s ago
TriggeredBy: ● docker.socket
       Docs: https://docs.docker.com
    Process: 80938 ExecStart=/usr/bin/dockerd -H fd:// (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
   Main PID: 80938 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

mar 23 00:14:34 jose-notebook systemd[1]: docker.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 3.
mar 23 00:14:34 jose-notebook systemd[1]: Stopped Docker Application Container Engine.
mar 23 00:14:34 jose-notebook systemd[1]: docker.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
mar 23 00:14:34 jose-notebook systemd[1]: docker.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
mar 23 00:14:34 jose-notebook systemd[1]: Failed to start Docker Application Container E`

Put the output on pastebin service if long:

sudo journalctl --no-hostname --no-pager -b -u docker.service

Normally this either means the file is corrupt or you're running it on the wrong architecture.

Try:

sudo pacman -S containerd
pacman -Qi containerd

Yeah, it was this, after that i came back to the first error

docker run hello-world
docker: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?.
See 'docker run --help'.

but solved here

thank you

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by