Every time the system is updated, it will be stuck in the boot screen

Every time the system is updated, it will be stuck in the boot screen(the dell screen), and I can't access tty, the only thing I can do is to force the shutdown and restart, so that I can enter the system normally, but I don't want to force the shutdown every time I update the system. Is there any solution? I hope to get help.

Can't speculate why that happens in your case, but i presume, that once you reboot the second time the system loads correctly? If that's the case, then next big update do it from TTY. Make sure the mirrors are synced.
sudo pacman-mirrors -f5 && sudo pacman -Syyu
then run
systemctl reboot

It should not hang, it should reboot safely.
This is the general idea, but for your particular case we should know more about your system. To provide it, read this:

Welcome to Manjaro!

Okay, thank you very much. I will try your method the next time something happens

You can always make a post about an issue you notice, even if is not related to the update. Hopefully all you experienced negative was just a glitch and next time all will work flawlessly. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by