Fisherman package issue

Installing interactive fish shell and fisherman package manager.
sudo pacman -S fish fisherman

fish
Welcome to fish, the friendly interactive shell
~ > 

but

fisher
bash: fisher: command not found

checking installed fisherman files.

pacman -Ql fisherman
fisherman /usr/
fisherman /usr/bin/
fisherman /usr/bin/fisher-up-me
fisherman /usr/share/
fisherman /usr/share/doc/
fisherman /usr/share/doc/fisherman/
fisherman /usr/share/doc/fisherman/README
fisherman /usr/share/fish/
fisherman /usr/share/fish/functions/
fisherman /usr/share/fish/functions/fisher.fish
fisherman /usr/share/licenses/
fisherman /usr/share/licenses/fisherman/
fisherman /usr/share/licenses/fisherman/LICENSE

Where is fisher executable? Official git page says that fisher is the command to call the manager why it was not installed?

This seems to be the executable.
fisher-up-me

No, the executable is fisher, follow https://fisherman.github.io click on "Watch demo".

Not according to the package files.

Did you try launching fisher-up-me?

This is what I am trying to say, who packaged this and why it does not have the official executable?

Looks like @Ste74 packaged it. And it is probably the official executable, just renamed.

Hmm, ok, I shall wait what JorgeBucaran dev answers.

Please run fisher-up-me as it contain a script that willl automatically install fisher to your home directory

this is what I did...

Did you even read this after installing fisherman from manjaro repo?

!!! WARNING !!!

If you upgraded Fisherman from a pre-2.x release, you need to migrate your configuration.
Remove the following line from your fish config (usually ~/.config/fish/config.fish):

source /usr/share/fish/config-fisherman.fish

And run:

fisher-me-up

You will have to install all your plugins manually again.

Should I repeat my previous post just to see what other rage issues you might be having?
Yes, I read it. No, I don't upgrade from a pre-2.x release, so no, I don't have any previous configs I need to modify. Yes, I ran fisher-up-me NOT fisher-me-up lol.

Just run fisher-me-up. That's a installation script. Just look at the content

#!/bin/env fish

function __fisher_msg_log__
    echo (set_color yellow)"$argv"(set_color normal) > /dev/stderr
end

if test ! -z "$fisher_config"
    __fisher_msg_log__ "Moving old fisherman's config:"
    __fisher_msg_log__ "$fisher_config"
    __fisher_msg_log__ "  to"
    __fisher_msg_log__ "$fisher_config-you-can-delete-me"

command mv "$fisher_config" "$fisher_config-you-can-delete-me" ^ /dev/null

__fisher_msg_log__
end

set -l xdg_config "$XDG_CONFIG_HOME"

if test -z "$xdg_config"
    set xdg_config ~/.config
end

__fisher_msg_log__ "Erasing old fisherman's functions."

functions -e __fisher_cache_list __fisher_complete __fisher_complete_reset __fisher_config_color_reset __fisher_config_color_save __fisher_file __fisher_file_contains __fisher_file_remove __fisher_gist_to_name __fisher_help_commands __fisher_help_parse __fisher_help_usage __fisher_index_update __fisher_key_bindings __fisher_key_bindings_delete __fisher_key_bindings_disable __fisher_key_bindings_enable __fisher_key_bindings_reset __fisher_key_bindings_undo __fisher_key_bindings_update __fisher_key_bindings_update_user __fisher_list __fisher_name __fisher_path_from_plugin __fisher_path_from_url __fisher_path_is_prompt __fisher_path_update __fisher_plugin_can_enable __fisher_plugin_disable __fisher_plugin_enable __fisher_plugin_fetch __fisher_plugin_from_path __fisher_plugin_link __fisher_plugin_source __fisher_plugin_uninstall_handler __fisher_plugin_unlink __fisher_plugin_validate __fisher_plugin_walk __fisher_prompt_reset __fisher_string_escape __fisher_url_clone __fisher_url_from_path __fisher_xdg fisher_help fisher_install fisher_list fisher_search fisher_uninstall fisher_update

__fisher_msg_log__ "Erasing old fisherman's variables."

set -e fisher_binds
set -e fisher_cache
set -e fisher_config
set -e fisher_file
set -e fisher_home
set -e fisher_last_update
set -e fisher_prompt

__fisher_msg_log__

__fisher_msg_log__
__fisher_msg_log__ "Seems like we made it cap!"
__fisher_msg_log__ "If you have questions or found any issues:"
__fisher_msg_log__ "http://join.fisherman.sh"
__fisher_msg_log__ "  or"
__fisher_msg_log__ "github.com/fisherman/fisherman/issues"
__fisher_msg_log__

functions -e __fisher_msg_log__

fisher -v
echo
fisher -h

We have to ask at @Chrysostomus .. i have packages for him if i remember but don't remember where use it ...

It was used in previous version of bspwm edition. Probably should drop it now...

But yes, you should run fisher-me-up. After that you can use fisher commands. Bspwm edition did this automatically.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by