Hello! First time posting here but I couldn't find any other info on this problem. I installed Manjaro KDE Plasma on my new Dell XPS 13 9300 in a dual boot configuration with Windows 10. When I was using the installer on the bootable USB drive, I noticed some weird flickering with the clock, volume controller etc. on the taskbar when I moved my cursor over them. I Couldn't click any of them either so to connect to the internet I had to use nmtui. I shook this off as being something weird with the USB or something and finished the installation. I followed this guide as closely as possible (The only firmware preparation I didn't do was disable Optane).
When I rebooted and logged in, the issue persisted. But I now saw that it wasn't just the taskbar, but also the start menu, some applications (System settings for example) and some other stuff. In system settings, when I move the cursor, only one element flickers wherever I move the cursor. When the computer goes into suspension, Manjaro crashes entirely and I am greeted with a flickering background image. I have tried updating the kernel and all applications to no avail. It doesn't seem like a graphics issue since then I would still be able to click stuff. Anyway, I have copied inxi output:
System: Kernel: 5.5.8-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.2.1 parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.5-x86_64 root=UUID=5754a41c-751f-4adc-8e01-619ebfba66e8 rw quiet resume=UUID=b3aa35c5-7a11-4ab7-8f44-048a3c8129af udev.log_priority=3 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.18.3 tk: Qt 5.14.1 wm: kwin_x11 dm: SDDM Distro: Manjaro Linux Machine: Type: Laptop System: Dell product: XPS 13 9300 v: N/A serial: <filter> Chassis: type: 10 serial: <filter> Mobo: Dell model: 077Y9N v: A00 serial: <filter> UEFI: Dell v: 1.0.6 date: 01/17/2020 Battery: ID-1: BAT0 charge: 44.1 Wh condition: 47.4/51.0 Wh (93%) volts: 8.5/7.6 model: BYD DELL FP86V01 serial: <filter> status: Discharging CPU: Topology: Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-1065G7 bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Ice Lake family: 6 model-id: 7E (126) stepping: 5 microcode: 56 L2 cache: 8192 KiB flags: avx avx2 lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx bogomips: 23968 Speed: 623 MHz min/max: 400/3900 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 773 2: 770 3: 790 4: 586 5: 674 6: 628 7: 782 8: 629 Vulnerabilities: Type: itlb_multihit status: KVM: Split huge pages Type: l1tf status: Not affected Type: mds status: Not affected Type: meltdown status: Not affected Type: spec_store_bypass mitigation: Speculative Store Bypass disabled via prctl and seccomp Type: spectre_v1 mitigation: usercopy/swapgs barriers and __user pointer sanitization Type: spectre_v2 mitigation: Enhanced IBRS, IBPB: conditional, RSB filling Type: tsx_async_abort status: Not affected Graphics: Device-1: Intel Iris Plus Graphics G7 vendor: Dell driver: i915 v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0 chip ID: 8086:8a52 Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.7 driver: intel unloaded: modesetting alternate: fbdev,vesa compositor: kwin_x11 tty: N/A OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Iris Plus Graphics (Ice Lake 8x8 GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 19.3.5 compat-v: 3.0 direct render: Yes Audio: Device-1: Intel Smart Sound Audio vendor: Dell driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 00:1f.3 chip ID: 8086:34c8 Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.5.8-1-MANJARO Network: Device-1: Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Bigfoot Networks driver: iwlwifi v: kernel port: 4000 bus ID: 00:14.3 chip ID: 8086:34f0 IF: wlp0s20f3 state: up mac: <filter> Drives: Local Storage: total: 476.94 GiB used: 6.99 GiB (1.5%) ID-1: /dev/nvme0n1 model: KXG60ZNV512G NVMe KIOXIA 512GB size: 476.94 GiB block size: physical: 512 B logical: 512 B speed: 31.6 Gb/s lanes: 4 serial: <filter> Partition: ID-1: / raw size: 25.00 GiB size: 24.48 GiB (97.93%) used: 6.18 GiB (25.3%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/nvme0n1p8 ID-2: /home raw size: 203.83 GiB size: 199.63 GiB (97.94%) used: 825.3 MiB (0.4%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/nvme0n1p10 ID-3: swap-1 size: 2.00 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) fs: swap swappiness: 60 (default) cache pressure: 100 (default) dev: /dev/nvme0n1p9 Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 42.0 C mobo: N/A Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A Info: Processes: 215 Uptime: 19m Memory: 15.23 GiB used: 1.79 GiB (11.7%) Init: systemd v: 244 Compilers: gcc: N/A Shell: bash v: 5.0.16 running in: yakuake inxi: 3.0.37
I hope I have provided enough information for the problem. For the most part the OS is unusable because of this except some applications (Like Firefox since I'm writing this). I also know for a fact that Dell officially supports Ubuntu on this device, so it seems as if this installation shouldn't be that hard.