Frequent disconnection of wifi

I am frequently disconnected form wifi.
I have a hidden wifi which i will have to manually connect each time laptop wakes up from sleep and also i just get random disconnection while i am browsing the web.
Using
5.4..... kernal
tplink router with 2.4ghz frequency
Network: Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8169
IF: enp4s0f2 state: down mac: xxxxxxxx
Device-2: Broadcom and subsidiaries BCM43228 802.11a/b/g/n driver: wl
IF: wlp9s0 state: up mac: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Also i was not getting this problem while i was using other linux distros and DE but suddenly i am getting this problem in manjaro xfce don't know the cause
i don't think i have changed any settings much.
wifi works fine on other devices as well.
Thanks in advance.

that's why you should always :

• add others kernels like 5.3 , 4.19 LTS and 4.14 LTS
  • choose on Grub boot in advanced detail version kernel

new version stable kernel do not mean that all is cleared in wifi , drivers and firmware , with few update always stay with version before

for that

sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux419
sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux414
sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux53

then reboot and choose on Grub

2 Likes

As @stephane already mentioned, test the Manjaro LTS kernels instead of the newest kernel.

Also get rid of your hidden network configuration. Making your network hidden can prevent proper connectivity, especially with some Broadcom adapters. It provides no extra security and often introduces extra problems.

You can also test out the b43 kernel module instead of the wl driver.

sudo modprobe -r wl
sudo modprobe b43
sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager

Test your connectivity with the new module after issuing those commands.

Please post the input and output of any commands that you are asked to run.

The new b43 driver loaded by those commands is not persistant. The wl driver will be reloaded when you reboot. The b43 module can be made the preferred driver if it performs better. Simply uninstall the wl driver through Manjaro Settings Manager if you would rather use the b43 kernel driver.

You should read these threads:

Good luck.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by