Fresh Gnome 19.02 - Pamac Manager Issues

Hi,

so I just downloaded the latest Gnome iso (19.02) and installed from usb. Everything works fine but I can't open"Add/Remove Software". Typing pamac-manager in Terminal shows: Segmentation fault (core dumped).

Even after redownloading the iso and booting from usb shows the same error.

Is there a way to fix this?
I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad if that matters.

Have you updated yet?

running "sudo pacman -Syu" or
"sudo pacman -Syyu" responds with there is nothing to do

Hmm. On 19.0.2-minimal-20200311 pamac-manager starts normal. Only on the full version it is broken. On 19.0.2-20200303 however it works. Seems I've to regenerate the ISO once more for the full edition ...

I found the issue. Seems I added some 9.4.0 package of Pamac into the mix ...

1 Like

I noted this earlier when I switched to the dev versions of Pamac. I think pamac-gtk doesn't automatically change to pamac-gtk-dev once you install pamac-cli-dev. I could be wrong, however, as I installed pamac-flatpak-plugin-dev in order to get newer package manager :smiley:

I fixed the ISO. Today's build works as intended.

1 Like

Forgive me if this isn't the proper way to ask a question, I'm brand new to the manjaro forums and still fairly new/green when it comes to linux but I'm doing my best to read what I can and take all the advice given to me. I just installed I believe the 19.02 version of xfce and the I've tried to install two different packages (flameshot and ocs-url) and this is the error message I'm getting

:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/3) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/3) Updating icon theme caches...
(3/3) Updating the desktop file MIME type cache...
call to execv failed (No such file or directory)
error: command failed to execute correctly

Any assistance or advice you can give me on how to correct this would be most appreciated. I'm sorry if my message is a little long winded but I wanted to give as much info as possible because I really want to learn and understand so I can gain more knowledge and understanding so I can contribute and help in the near future!!!

p.s.- Thank you for taking the time to read/listen I really do appreciate it!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by