I know there are other threads with similar issue, but I just couldn't find any solution to my problem.
At first, my issue was the fans going full speed after suspend, and after many researches and tweaks, my issue is the same but even after startup. So basically my fans are always on full speed. I messed up somewhere but I don't know where exactly.
Here is a little list of what I found and what I did:
- lm-sensors doesn't show fan speed even after detect.
- tried to modify some grub parameters by adding "acpi_enforce_resources=lax" or "acpi_osi=! acpi_osi='Windows 2015'" to "GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="""
- pwmconfig obviously doesn't work as no sensor modules are installed.
- tried different kernels : 4.20, 4.19, 4.14 and it makes no difference.
- installed thermald
- tried to add this module via this command: modprobe w83627ehf force_id=0x8860
but it shows 0 rpm fan speed in lm-sensors, and obviously pwmconfig returns an error.
It really seems as my system can't read my fan sensors values.
some details about my setup:
OS: manjaro budgie
Kernel: Linux 4.20
Video driver: video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-390xx-bumblebee
GPU: Geforce GTX 1050 mobile
Dual-boot with windows
Has anyone solved this issue ? I'm getting really desperate right now
[UPDATE] The problem seems to be coming from my video driver. I installed optimus-manager and switched to nvidia driver (at startup too) and it seems to have fixed my problem. Although I feel a bit worried only a daemon is dealing with drivers. If I do something that crashes the program, then i'd have no video driver to load on boot...