Future direction for the Manjaro Awesome Community Edition

As an edition maintainer you make the edition what you want it to be.

You're already using the edition so it must be mostly what you want, and you're probably representative of other users of that edition, so the changes you would like are probably what other people would like too.

Don't be afraid to make changes in order to get feedback on them.

Keep in mind that not all changes will be received well by all the other people using the edition, but then that's your call as the maintainer. If it wasn't for you, the edition wouldn't exist.

1 Like

Welcome onboard frank

Wow! A week in and already in charge of an edition :+1:
Welcome aboard Frank!

the way this awesome comes configured is spot-on for me, especially the keybinds and mod+s to actively show which key is binded to what function makes it that much easier to get used to.

awm being configured all in lua worried me in the beginning because i had no coding experience but it's documentation is pretty good. adding how-to's for common things like wallpaper or changing keybinds, etc.. would be helpful though in the end the user should read the docs from awesomewm.org since there's only so much you can do.

thanks again for taking on the task :+1:

1 Like

If you have ideas for improving zsh configuration, please contribute to the manjaro-zsh-settings so all editions benefits from the improvements.

6 Likes

That's a very interesting way to look at things. Thanks - I didn't realize I had that much freedom.

...and you still kept using it. That's very good encouragement from the distro. I'd very much like to keep that aspect.

I certainly will!

3 Likes

FYI only :wink:

rc1-sgs

4 Likes

Maybe soon :wink:

trailer-a-sgs

awesome-frankk-sgs-logo

or later :smiley: :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What do we say to that?

a2-sgspng :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think is good, how about if you replace the last M for a stone carved green manjaro logo?

3 Likes

You could even do something similar to this
03_Mount_Rushmore_Monument_(by-sa)

1 Like

awesome-stone-03-sgs

:thinking:

I am not good enough for that :smiley:

1 Like

Talking is always easier that doing.

1 Like

image9489

Dirty action from blender to inkscape :smiley:

2 Likes

Looks better, maybe more transparency in the shadows so they blend in.

1 Like

Feel free to use the basic png :smiley: :wink: :slight_smile:lkidding-sgs 0%20DE
threadjacking

Did you had a look at this.

I did, I imported a powerline prompt to manjaro-zsh-settings. But then I got sidetracked by other projects and now it is sitting in a local branch in my other installation

OT

in libinput-gestures add install file which automatically adds user to input group.upon install and upgrade
same as manjaro-settings-samba which adds user to sambashare group and enables smb nmb service.
https://gitlab.manjaro.org/packages/extra/manjaro-settings-samba/blob/master/manjaro-settings-samba.install

i used the .install file in my manjarowish-dark-kde-settings package to enable services upon install and upgrade such as haveged preload irqbalance systemd-swap nohang fstrim.timer

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by