Geary cannot memorize the password

Hence cannot retrieve emails.

What can I do about it, gents?

Plus
Firefox is not your default browser - impossible to set all of a sudden!

What is happening?

Please edit your post and provide a bit more information, because you've been around for a couple of years already so you shouldn't be told to:

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

Please read this:

and post some more information so we can see what's really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies...

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Be more specific which install media you used to install Manjaro.

2 Likes

You are both right.

I was panicky, my fault.

I was able to retrace my steps... I removed the content of:
/home/estudio/.local/share/keyrings/

and the mayhem began. Now Geary keeps asking for the password even though it had been set to memorize it, then I get a notice from Microsoft saying there was an unusual activity on my account and I am supposed to confirm it was really me.

Simply reinstall Geary?

Do the following:

pamac remove geary --no-save
pamac install geary

That way it gets uninstalled without leaving any config files and you get a brand new installation!

:innocent:

1 Like

Upon reinstall, it still asks for the password and actually keeps asking, even though I enter the correct one and marked the Remember password tick box.

I would switch to Mailspring but it has its issues as well.
Both my accounts are in red, meaning Mailspring encountered error syncing.
I am muffed.

Are you sure your mail service itself is still up? (Dunno where you're from but in the :uk: they shot down a mail domain that existed for 30 years or so recently)

outlook is still working fine from Firefox if thats what you mean :slight_smile:

I am trying to set up

but I have a feeling I am gonna fail...

Somehow... I have managed to get to work Trojita but I despise it.

Fun fact: I use GNOME Do to start up my programmes - in case of Geary - it loads but doesn't show the GUI on my display.
However, when opened from Start Menu - it works obviously until saying the account needs fixing as there is an issue. Interesting.

BlueMail is also working fine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by