Google keep nativefier

Good, I am trying to install the google keep application from the package manager, with the AUR repositories enabled.

However, every time I try it gives me the same problem, I attach the terminal output that the manager shows me.

I was able to install the Google Calender application, and I did it without problems.

I enclose a full screen capture so that the idea is understood a bit.

Captura de pantalla de 2020-03-03 10-48-21

Translated with google, Regards :sweat_smile:

app: Google keep
AUR: google-keep-nativefier

Please don't use screenshots, especially in another language in the English area of the forum.

Please see:

See the comments on the AUR page, apparently there's an issue with it.

OK sorry.

Do you need me to delete the post, and pass it to the forum in Spanish?

You could post in the Spanish subforum in the future if you want, however in this case there's probably no point.

To get the terminal output in English, add LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 in front of the command; i.e.,

LANG=en_US.UTF-8 pamac build google-keep-nativefier

Thanks for everything, I paste the terminal output in English

$ LANG=en_US.UTF-8 pamac build google-keep-nativefier
Preparing...
Cloning google-keep-nativefier build files...

Checking google-keep-nativefier dependencies...
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...
To build (1):
  google-keep-nativefier  0.3-1    AUR

Edit build files ? [y/N] 
Apply transaction ? [y/N] y
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.manjaro.pamac.commit ====
Authentication is required to install, update, or remove packages
Authenticating as: Sebastian (seba)
Password: 
==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE ====

Building google-keep-nativefier...
==> Making package: google-keep-nativefier 0.3-1 (mié 04 mar 2020 10:00:37)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Found google-keep-nativefier.png
  -> Found google-keep-nativefier.desktop
==> Validating source files with sha256sums...
    google-keep-nativefier.png ... Skipped
    google-keep-nativefier.desktop ... Skipped
==> Removing existing $srcdir/ directory...
==> Extracting sources...
==> Removing existing $pkgdir/ directory...
==> Starting build()...
  packaging [==============================                    ] 60%Packaging app for platform linux x64 using electron v5.0.13
==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting package()...
cp: cannot stat '/var/tmp/pamac-build-seba/google-keep-nativefier/src/google-keep-linux-*': No such file or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
    Aborting...

nodejs-nativefier is available itself in the AUR. It's a fairly simple process to wrap websites yourself with a little trial and error.

Thank you very much for your response, however, I don't know anything about programming, and I use the terminal very little. What can be simple for one is not for me; or vice versa.

I've been using linux for years, go through ubuntu, mint, deepin; and recently I am using Manjaro

I am a full office user, so I use google calender a lot, google keep among other programs.

I fully understand the hesitation. I too used mint for a couple years neverreally touching the terminal. This would be a great exercise to get a little more familiar if you want. Here is a guide to getting started. Skip the install instructs and just use yay -s nodejs-nativefier to install. Create a new directory and tryit out. After getting comfortable you can use nativefier --help to check out available options. https://brockhatfield.com/make-website-app-nativefier/

That all is if you want to.

NEVER use sudo with makepkg or AUR helpers. They will call pacman to install packages and prompt for privileges when necessary.

1 Like

Thanks for the correction, I was typing faster than I was thinking.

Good morning, thank you very much for the help. However, I could not install Google Keep through AUR.
It always hangs in the same step, in:

ativefier -n Google Keep -p linux –internal-urls https://keep.google.com/
  packaging [===============================                   ] 61%Packaging app for platform linux x64 using electron v5.0.13

Does not finish packing

These are the websites where I found a better help, although WhatsApp is intact, the principle is the same. I also changed the version number that gave me the git clone.

https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-nodejs-nativefier-on-manjaro-18-linux

https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-whatsapp-on-manjaro-18-linux

In the end it could be installed from the program that is pre-installed in majaro el bauh. But another inconvenience arose, attached screenshot (sorry that the screenshot is in Spanish)

Captura de pantalla de 2020-03-07 06-22-13

translated means:

Could not access
This browser or app may not be safe. More information
Try it with a different browser. If you use a compatible browser, refresh the page and sign in again.

Thanks again for the help, regards

Here is the nativefier command used in the build file, so it appears you've got the urls incorrect for working internally:

build() {
    cd "${srcdir}"

nativefier "https://keep.google.com/" \
      --icon "${pkgname}.png" \
      --maximize \
      --internal-urls "(accounts|calendar)\.google" \   ####<---- try this line for your command Joseba####
      --name "Google Keep"
}

For nativefier apps, you can check the pkgbuild to get the command and options they've used. Just go to the aur page for the package (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/google-keep-nativefier/&grqid=HxWmqtOB&s=1&hl=en-US&f=1} and click on the link to the right.
gscreenshot_2020-03-07-063600

From there you can try differing options if you please. Hopefully finding a buildable solution.

If all else fails or for the time being here is a link to a pkg that will make integrate google services directly into your menu/desktop, they will however launch in a normal browser window: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/google-desktop-links

Thanks for the help, I attached an image of the files I modified, according to the AUR page.

Captura de pantalla de 2020-03-07 10-11-19

sispus commented on 2020-02-10 20:53	

could not install the package. there is an error in instname line. changing the line instname="google-keep" as

instname="GoogleKeep"

fixes the issue.

and of course, the Exec line of the google-keep-nativefier.desktop build file also should be changed as

Exec=GoogleKeep

What I don't know, is how to run those files to see if it works correctly

Ok, there's two ways to do this. You can modify your command and options to match the ones used in the pkgbuild and then run the command in your own terminal ie: $ nativefier {options}. This way will build the nativefier app wanted but, w/o desktop files etc.

To build the pkg with your own modifications, use $ yay -s {package name} --editmenu and make changes in the build file when it asks. Afterwards it will continue hopefully building and installing.

There are also options with yay to build local pkgs I think, I wont attempt to post that right now as I'm at work and can't afford the time but $ yay --help is very useful.

Thank you very much for all the help @airclay , I have managed to compile and the window is launched, however after entering the account (see screenshot), on the second screen it tells me that my browser is not safe.

Captura de pantalla de 2020-03-07 20-40-36

Try to modify the PKGBUILD file by adding the following command line, which you copy from the google calender PKGBUILD

--user-agent "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:70.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/70.0" \

When adding, no compilation is not done. tells me:

--user-agent: order not found

Honestly, he is beating me. I think I will expect the AUR community to solve the problem in the future.

The comment you pulled that info from is from almost a year ago. If you've been using this package since last june then I personally wouldn't follow those instructs. If I did follow them I would make sure all the correct versions are replaced (ie Ubuntu to Manjaro, etc)

I would personally do:
yay -s google-keep-nativefier --editmenu

Select to edit build file and make the suggested changes to line 12: instname="GoogleKeep"

After install edit the .desktop file at /usr/share/applications/GoogleKeep.desktop, change the exec line to Exec=GoogleKeep

That should be it. When I get a chance tonight I'll hop on my capable machine and try to build myself.

Thank you all very much for trying to solve the problem. AUR has already corrected the failure and can be installed and entered normally into the application through the installation packages.

Thanks especially for @airclay the collaboration.

Regards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by