Grub gone after sudden shutdown?

Hi. Today, something bad happened. My system (Latest version, xfce) turned into standby mode while I was taking a showet. For some reason, I can never get out of standby, but since I never use it I don't care.
So, what I did is just hold the power button until my laptop shut down. (Thinking about it, I could've just pressed it once and waited for auto-shutdown, right?)
When starting again, I wasn't greeted by Grub, but by my Windows installation that I was trying to fix. (Before the system got into standby, I was just downloading an image but did nothing with it, so I guess it's a coincidence?)
I checked my Bios, and strangely enough, there is no manjaro that I can boot into. Something with the same effect happened around 2 months ago, when I resized my partition, Grub got damaged or something. But this time I am sceptical if it's that. I really did nothing unusual or something, so I'm hoping it's something better. What could it be?

Thanks in advance - Emil

If there is no boot entry in the Bios for Manjaro,
then have to reinstall Grub.

Sudden shutdown might cause filesystem corruption. Boot up a Manjaro live usb and run fsck on your Manjaro partition.

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=GRUB/Restore_the_GRUB_Bootloader

fsck also a very good call, maybe do that first and then sort out the bootloader.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by