Grub Rescue Stuck

I decided to give Manjaro a try for the first time using a dual windows 10 boot and it now seems I've essentially borked my computer I get put into grub rescue and I get the file /boot/grub/x86_64/normal.mod not found message I have tried a ■■■■ ton of solutions posted on the internet but none of them worked so I decided to do a fresh install of Manjaro I can now use Manjaro but not my Windows 10 I don't know where to go from here I switch the boot back to the windows boot manager menu in the bios and that's when I get the rescue grub I don't care if Manjaro is not salvagable it doesn't seem to run very well on my hardware I just want to get back to my windows 10 at least until I get some new hardware

That (normal.mod) won't work in a uefi system.
There's lack of much needed information so I'll direct you to this post.

Provide info as stated there and if you can resolve it yourself with it, let us know too.

alright that post has gotten me much further than before thank you I got past the grub rescue and the GNU grub now when I entered in the other codes specifically
sudo grub-install /dev/sda I get the message can't find efi directory I looked through the rest of hte post and didn't see what to do in that situation also is it safe to restart my system yet because my manjaro installation freezes up and the only thing I can do is restart my system
little update: It froze so I had to redo the steps again but this time instead of getting put straight into manjaro I got the boot manager menu

You either have the UUID in /boot/efi wrong in fstab or you do have not any /boot/efi partition specified.

Where's

I'll copy it down for you.

If problem persists (or if unsure what to do)

efibootmgr -v
sudo parted -l
sudo blkid
findmnt -s
findmnt /boot/efi

As @gohlip said: we're missing a lot of information on what you did exactly to be able to help. Can you still boot an external Manjaro USB?

We're assuming an EFI Machine here and that you did not change the boot parameters to BIOS mode.

If booting a Manjaro USB works, please go to a terminal by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T and execute:

sudo gparted --list

so we'll know what is still on your machine (We're hoping you did not wipe Windows!)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by