GUI won't wake up from suspend and hibernate on HP envy x360 ar-0000 with Ryzen 7 3700u

Hello, I'm Japanese. So I'm sorry for my bad English.

Problem

I bought my new laptop HP envy x360 ar-0000. Then I installed Manjaro KDE and update kernel to 5.5.
When I suspend the laptop, The GUI service won't wake up. What I can do is only force reboot.
I use mesa package and free drivers.

Do you know how to fix it?
I want my laptop to be able to suspend.
Please tell me how...

A common reason for the computer freezing after awaking from suspend is insufficient swap space. A way to see how much memory and swap space you have is to run the command free in the terminal.

This may or may not be the cause of your problems, it's difficult to say without any other info.

Really? In ubuntu, I didn't make swap because I coudn't wake up from both suspend and hibernate even though I made 32GB swap.

I tried to wake up from suspend in Terminal (ctrl alt f1) , the terminal worked. But in this case, GUI system didn't work when I try to wake up the GUI with ctrl alt f7.
Because of this , I think this problem is driver problem.

By the way, I wanna make log file about what is happening when I try suspend. Do you know how to make it?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by