Hard drive and SSD "access denied" and trouble partition the drives

So, i've been trying and searching for fixes but I'm not sure I can do this alone. I just installed Manjaro KDE onto an SSD that I formated in the installation. I have 2 other drives that I used to use on Windows that I want to format. One of the two drives was used to Pop OS and I figured I could just format it with KDE Partition manager or Gparted. Well, I did that, and now in both the HDD(windows) and SSD(previous popos drive) there is a secure folder in it saying lost and found, and will not allow me to use the drives. When i use KDE partition i get an error about numerical values, and when I use Gparted, it succeeds, but still gives me the file with lost and found. I cannot delete the file or format it to ext4 and have permissions. I know this sounds weird and I'm trying my best to explain but that's all i got. I don't know how to fix it, it won't let me use the drives for media storage or anything. Permissions are denied.Side By Side files

Welcome to Manjaro.

lost+found is a file system folder, just leave it be.
If you cannot write to those 2 filesystems, you need to adjust permissions to give yourself write access.

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve.

Do you want to use the 2 different hard drives, each holding a single ext4 partition , as data drives for storing files?

If that is your intention, then it can be achieved easily enough. Simply mount it in fstab.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by