Hard to install manjaro or any distro

Yes! Even with the boot options.

Did not know that I dont need a Dell device. Perhaps that is the only way.

Did you try installing the version & distro the pc was certified against? Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64-bit... Just a thought. :wink:

Yes! The only thing different from the Ubuntu certified is the BIOS version. The System Information menu from Windows informs me my BIOS is Dell Inc. 1.2.1. The Ubuntu website says it was tested with Dell: 0.1.14 (UEFI).

The downgrade is it an option?

Just asking.
Bought from the Microsoft store?
Or at least have the "Windows 10 Microsoft Signature Image" ?

Bought from Amazon.

I dont know about that “Windows 10 Microsoft Signature Image”.

Noted, but I have no further input.

switch to sata

The ssd can handle both logs

this is going bad after , no access disks
so it come from some bios services that only interest microsoft system

have you with ( 2012 or 2013 or 2015 )
acpi_osi="!Windows 2013"

There is no option SATA to choose on BIOS.

Boot command?

How to know 2012, 2013 or 2015?

click on

I think the idea is for you to test each one in turn and see if they help.

year for each version

see this case also

Enable SecureBoot and try Ubuntu installation, or even Manjaro ISO to check if the drive is recognized. It may be a security measure, so check any available security and drive options in UEFI.

1 Like

If you do indeed have the same model I do (5379) this is a super old BIOS version. Current is 1.9.0. I suggest you start by updating BIOS and seeing if that fixes the issue. I had 0 problems with the install.

If nothing is seeing the SSD including Gparted (did you boot from Gparted or run it from a distro live disc?) then its possible there may be a hardware issue. If you bought it recent enough to exchange it you may consider that too to eliminate the chance its a hardware problem.

I have also been running Manjaro since at least kernel 4.9 without major issues and run 4.17 now.

I would recommend applying any other firmware updates as well (like the Intel ME update) and/or the SSD firmware if there was one.

1 Like

Well, this was part of the solution.

Thank you so much for this.

1 Like

It did boot and recognize the ssd after 2 hours down and with security boot enable.

Thank you everyone that tried to help and even read the post! Really appreciate!

This was my first experience posting something and asking for help and I got to say that I am pretty happy with the engage and answers of everyone!

1 Like

What was the full solution, then?

Very happy to hear it. One of the things you can do to help foster that culture going forward is to post back the exact steps/details of what worked for you. This way others in the future with the same problem can use your experience to resolve the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by