HDMI output error in Raspberry Pi 4B

Hi,
I am trying to setup Manjaro Linux in Raspberry Pi 4B 8GB Model.

• I am using LG 19M38HB monitor that supports 1366x768/60Hz display.
  • Connected these both with a (micro) HDMI <--> HDMI cable.
  • I have set up keyboard, language, locale, root, user, etc.,
  • This is my config.txt file
# See /boot/overlays/README for all available options

gpu_mem=64
initramfs initramfs-linux.img followkernel
kernel=kernel8.img
arm_64bit=1
enable_gic=1
disable_overscan=1

#enable sound
dtparam=audio=on
hdmi_drive=2

#enable vc4
dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d
max_framebuffers=2

# custom settings
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
# hdmi port 1
hdmi_force_edid_3d:0=1
hdmi_mode:0=39
hdmi_drive:0=2
hdmi_group:0=2
hdmi_force_mode:0=1
hdmi_ignore_edid:0=0xa5000080

# hdmi port 2
hdmi_force_edid_3d:1=1
hdmi_mode:1=39
hdmi_drive:1=2
hdmi_group:1=2
hdmi_force_mode:1=1
hdmi_ignore_edid:1=0xa5000080

And yet, after the boot is completed, the display shows error and doesn't show the desktop.
The error says :

Out of range
67.5 kHz / 60 Hz

I have tried blacklisting vc4 as in this post. Which left me stuck with rainbow screen after reboot. Due to that I started afresh and blocked at the "Out of range" error.

Kindly help me out @Darksky .

Your config.txt looks ok except I do not have the hdmi_force_hotplug=1 line in mine. I am assuming you have 2 monitors exactly the same?

The config should manually force 1366x768/60Hz display at boot up to going in to the graphical mode. If this is what you are seeing then it is doing what it is suppose to do.

Assuming you have what is in our default image and you are making it up to the graphics mode then mesa/xorg takes over and probes your monitor's edid info. If this is not happening correctly then there could be an issue with the firmware for your monitor or may be mesa. You might install mesa-git in the repo to have the latest and reboot and see if it helps.

I have removed hdmi_force_hotplug=1 & added hdmi_safe=1 to the config file.
This made the desktop to appear for a couple of minutes. Login screen appears, after I enter the password, screen turns blank with the same "out of range" error.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by