Help me with Manjaro Architect

Hello everyone! I'm not very expirenced Linux user but I've tried many systems from Mint to FreeBSD. I want to move from Win to Linux and recently I decided to check what's new in Linux world again. I found Deepin but decided to not use it coz as I've heard its repositories are in China and it will take too long to download soft etc. So I started google and found UbuntuDDE but it is too buggy for me at the moment and then I found manjaro. Unfortunatelly I didn't find where to download ready-to-use distro with DDE so I decided to install Architect and Deepin DE on top of it. It was a bit hard in the begining but then I sorted it out but I have 2 problems that stops me from moving to that wonderful system: (btw I'm using kernel 5.6)

1. In the architect installer when I choose Nvidia proprietary driver it downloaded and started to install and at some moment my display went black like no singnal was coming from my video card. So i reinstalled it and decided to install drivers after system installation complete with chroot. Same result it went black and nothing else. After that I reinstalled the system with free drivers and it runs ok. But then i faced second problem
  2. I have my wi-fi router in the coridor and I am not able to use wire to connect it with my PC so I use old cell phone Xiaomi as USB modem - it connects to wi-fi router then cell phone connects to PC with usb cable and I have my internet. It works good with Win 10 and Ubuntu but it no luck with manjaro - internet doesn't work at all and main problem here that I can't install anything new coz no internetn. Probably I need to chose any additional package in architect installer? I dont understand why internet doesnt work coz it works perfectly in architect installer.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by