How do I add startup menu icon to Plank?

Currently on Manjaro 20.0.1 Cinnamon. I am using Plank and I am able to add almost every single icon except the startup Menu icon. How do I add it?

Cinnamon uses an applet for the menu. Plank uses docklets. While is possible to pin programs or drag icons from the menu to Plank, an applet can't be attached to it.
The alternative for a application menu in Plank is to Ctrl+RigtClik on it, go to Preferences and Dockets and activate Applications. Then with RightClick on that icon you can have a menu like to access applications by their categories.

Alternatively you can install and add Whisker Menu to it by creating a custom launcher with this command to it:
xfce4-popup-whiskermenu -p
then you can set an icon, and drag it to Plank.

Alternatively you can install and add Whisker Menu to it by creating a custom launcher with this command to it:
`xfce4-popup-whiskermenu -p`
then you can set an icon, and drag it to Plank.

I tried this but the 'Ok' button for creating a new launcher popup is greyed out. Do I have to install the Whisker Menu first and if yes, how?

Yes, you need to have it installed first
sudo pacman -Syu xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin

Yes, you need to have it installed first
sudo pacman -Syu xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin

This won't replace my current menu right? Because the download size it is asking for is huge

Total Download Size: 1058.43 MiB
Total Installed Size: 4075.64 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: 55.63 MiB

I noped out after this and had 344 packages waiting to be upgraded in my package manager when I noped out

Is the update pending, not the menu ... :slight_smile:

Is the update pending, not the menu ... :slight_smile:

Haha okay. Got me scared when I saw it. Funny when I look at it now

So I managed to install and add the launcher but it gives me this error https://imgur.com/4t4TQVH

Is the OP aware that a 'Menu' is available by right click on desktop?

Is the OP aware that a 'Menu' is available by right click on desktop?

Huh? No 'Menu' under my right click menu on the desktop

Apparently it requires the XFCE Panel to work. Was not the case last year or so ... You could eventually add the xfce4-panel at startup, modify it to look like a Dock, remove the notifications from it so you do not get bugged down by it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by