How do I install a Brother HL-1222WE printer in Manjaro?

Could someone help me install a Brother HL-1222WE printer in Manjaro? In Linux Mint I was installing it via the Driver Install Tool from here; by extracting it and running script in terminal with sudo bash ~/Downloads/linux-brprinter*, as described here – but it doesn't work in Manjaro, obviously, because the process uses .deb packages. I tried in pamac-manager with the AUR turned on, there is no installer for this model. It would be really wonderful if someone would help.

Hello there! https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/brother-hl-1112/

Does that work? I have a similar printer and it works fine

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what really helped, but it works now. I managed to install this script after all, following this instruction, and also installed HL-1112 packages from AUR recommended by you. Anyway, after the reboot, it started working.
hl2

1 Like

Anytime there is an update that includes the kernel, firmware, third party kernel modules (drivers), systemd, and/or dbus, etc., any system level update really, a reboot is required. Otherwise, things will stop working properly, like networked devices, usb devices, firewire devices, esata devices, sd card readers, etc., etc..

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by