How to downgrade firefox 63 to 62?

firefox 63 is really buggy...
really often stuck in some webpage,not only kaggle...
while using version 62 , nothing weird happen...
so how to downgrade?

cd /var/cache/pacman/pkg
sudo pacman -U firefox-62.0.3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

Then add to ignorepkg in pacman.conf.

1 Like

thanks!:grin:

can i specify the only version like:63.0.1 and 63.0.2?

....but dont.

1 Like

what?:dizzy_face:

Keeping an old out-of-date piece of software and omitting security fixes is a bad idea. This is an even worse idea when the software in question is something that interacts with the internet/network/downloads/passwords ... like a browser.

Maybe you want to reframe your query as to remedy whatever issue you might face, instead of how to implement this 'solution' ?

3 Likes

maybe you are correct...but i'm still waiting the next and the next next firefox 63 bug fix version...:joy:

Well... what is the issue?
You find 63 to be slow on some pages?
This should probably be a separate topic but you should run the normal things:
Clear history,etc
Check your addons (off/on)
Try running something like firefox --safe-mode to verify it is somehow the version and not something in your settings/profile.
Try a new profile.
Etc.

2 Likes

My problem was the removal of features I used heavily :disappointed_relieved:

For easier downgrade of package just install... downgrade package:

sudo pacman -S downgrade

and then use it for example like this:

sudo downgrade firefox

It will present versions to choose from your pacman cache+repo and offer to add a package to ignore group.

However, as others mentioned here already, this is only a temporary solution. Don't keep old version too long as it's not good for security or stability of the system.

Here are more details:

1 Like
2 Likes

What features are you referring to?

No sidebar for me is a killer. I run tweetdeck from there, I do not use it as a social media platform, but more like a live news feed - this isn't Firefox but Vivaldi, but represents the workflow I had until FF63 pissed on my bonfire!:

I am slowly getting Vivaldi into shape, luckily I did use it for a while 1-2 years ago, so I have a good feel for it :smiley:

The only thing I cannot do is move the forward/previous arrows, which I could in FF62 (by padding them to the right with extension icons).

1 Like

Couldnt you just drag the twitch tab into a separate window?
Forgive me if I'm missing something but it seems like a lot of fuss over nothing.

You need an addon to do this in Vivaldi? So why not just use an addon in Firefox?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by