how to enable / find the firewall in kde manjaro?

I googled where I could find the Firewall settings in Kde Manjaro and I have tried some terminal commands, which were not recognized (no such command). Then I tried a search inside this forum where to find the terminal ( just now) and I got an internal error.

So my question is: is my firewall enabled by default? If not, must I activate the firewall with terminal commands or can I find the firewall somewhere in the settings?

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.19.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.72.0
Qt Version: 5.15.0
Kernel Version: 5.6.19-2-MANJARO

I'm unable to confirm whether there is default firewall manager in Manjaro KDE but ufw (cli) and/or gufw (gui) are the usual suspects.

1 Like

Yes, thanks for mentioning these 2 names, it made searching for what I needed a lot easier. I found both of them (ufw and gufw) in the add/remove software settings and both were not installed. Nor was any other firewall installed as far as I can find. Now, I am still wondering if any firewall is installed on my Kde system that I am not aware of. I dont want to use conflicting firewall software. And if there is no firewall installed, is there a reason for it?

Some linux distros will install and configure a local firewall whereas Manjaro is leaving it to personal preference.
In my case, unset and unconfigured ufw/gufw came with my original Manjaro xfce installation but I'm totally happy with the NAT firewall in my modem/router hardware so I don't use a software firewall.

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Firewalls

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by