How to identify a package's origin?

One more question... :wink:

As far as I know the packages that I can install from Pamac can come from Manjaro repositories or Arch Linux repositories. So, how could I identify their origin?

PD: (I'm not talking about AUR).

Look at the "packager field" in the graphical package manager, all packagers email ending with @manjaro.org came from Manjaro Team, the others from Arch; mostly but not all use @archlinux.org

About AUR builds it will show 'Unkown Packager' by default, or what is specified in makepkg.conf

vlc-arch

vlcnightly-manjaro

Or from terminal with

pacman -Qi <packagename>

for installed packages, or

pacman -Si >packagename>

for packages not installed but present in repository

Schermata%20del%202018-03-09%2019-29-16

(specified about AUR for future use)

5 Likes

1.000.000 thanks for the tip!! :grin: :grin:

Then, VLC 3.0 probably will take two weeks minimum to reach the stable Manjaro repo.

Thanks for all!! :grin:

That's so much more handy than my method of checking... :sweat_smile: I usually browse through the three manjaro github repos to see if a package is there

Or just run pacman -Qi packagename (or -Si for packages not installed but in repo)

I found that right now

How is to export language in English in terminal? don't remember right now

Do you mean something like LANG=en_US.UTF-8 or LANG=C ?

1 Like

Yeah, LANG="en_GB" went fine

Then when you type 'exit' it returns 'cheerio'

That's pretty twisted :wink: :rofl:

yaourt -Ss packagename should work to identify the repo, if it's installed.

That command search both in the repo and in the AUR, but don't identify the packager

Schermata%20del%202018-03-10%2007-36-18

Schermata%20del%202018-03-10%2007-36-28

Correct, it does not have that info. Just which repo/version and whether it's installed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by