HP Envy 5544 - printer/scanner - is anyone using this? What's it like with Manjaro?

I want to buy a new all-in-one printer/scanner for my sister to use with her Toshiba A300.
The HP Envy 5544 all-in-one printer/scanner is very reasonably priced at £60 on Amazon.

Have any of you used this device with Manjaro-xfce? If yes, then I'd like to hear what you found regarding its compatibility: for example, can ink levels be detected for both the black and colour inks?

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences with this.

I have a 4520 - everything works here.

1 Like

Normally all will work flawlessly. Hewlett-Packard is one of the best printer maker brand that exists for linux.

Just install HPLIP with its GUI. It will help you setting up everything. It is supported since HPLIP 3.15.9... And Manjaro is using HPLIP 3.18.something.

See : https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/supported_devices/index

1 Like

It should work, just keep in mind you may have to edit the /etc/sane.d/dll.conf file and remove the hashtag from hpaio in the list

1 Like

Thanks guys for all your comments.
Much appreciated :sunglasses:

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by