hplip can't download plugin

Hi,
i have a HP P1102 laser printer which used to work great. However after the last stable update it wants a new plugin installation, but this hangs, no progress. Is the site down which provides the binary plugin?
Here is the output of 'sudo hplip -setup -i' (last lines only):

-------------------
| DOWNLOAD PLUGIN |
-------------------

Checking for network connection...
Downloading plug-in from: 
Downloading plug-in: [\                                                 ] 0%     warning: manjaro linux distro is not found in AUTH_TYPES
/

Then it hangs.

Any ideas? Is the plugin site down?

HP

A ppd file for that device already exists in /usr/share/ppd/HP after installing HP Device Manager.
Using the HP Device Manager gui should automatically pick up and install that ppd file. Would that work?

I don't see a hplip command anywhere on my system.

Maybe this is relevant (?):

The HP device manager wants a .run file. The permissions are not the problem, i already applied the hint after update.
But what helped was to download manually the plugin from https://developers.hp.com/sites/default/files/hplip-3.20.3-plugin.run and then point the device manager to it.

A bit annoying, but i often have problems with the HP SW after an update. It seems that the plugins are not automatically updated.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help me.

HP

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by