I need to get my monitors EDID, but get-edid says no busses have an EDID.

Heres the output thats produce when I use the command

sudo get-edid > /tmp/edid

This is read-edid version 3.0.2. Prepare for some fun.
Attempting to use i2c interface
Looks like no busses have an EDID. Sorry!
Attempting to use the classical VBE interface

Performing real mode VBE call
   Interrupt 0x10 ax=0x4f00 bx=0x0 cx=0x0

I have the i2c tools installed. But nothing seems to make the tool detect my EDID. I got a new 100 monitor with freezync, and in windows I know this particular monitor can do 110hz with a freezync range from 30-110hz. And since im trying to move as much as I can from windows into linux i'd like to get the extra range and refresh rate on my manjaro install too. but nothing seems to find the EDID i need to modify.

does anyone have any ideas of what to try?

I'd give xrandr a try. With this you can add undetected resolutions and refresh rates. If I understand correctly what you are trying to do.

It would also be helpful to know what hardware you use.

Sorry I knew i forgot something.

nvidia 1080ti gpu with proprietary driver
Viotek GN34CB monitor
ryzen 3950x cpu

but yeah i want to add more refresh rates and extend the freesync range. I'll try xrandr. Dunno if it can tap into freesync ranges but I guess its worth trying until I can find something that'll get let me get the EDID of my monitor. Is this happening because Im using the propritary nvidia driver? Ive ready it does muck up a lot of stuff due to not integrating the same as the free drivers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by