I want a fresh/fast start when I log in

Manjaro KDE Plasma (new install running on VirtualBox 5.x VM) remembers a lot about my previous session. For example: Dolphin, Kate, Firefox and Konsole all opened to the place I last left them. Firefox remembered my tab state. (I realize that last point might be a Firefox issue. I'm coming from Ubuntu Gnome where Firefox always opened with, "There has been an error from your last session, do you want us to try to recover where you were" and I always say no. didn't love the error message but I still prefer that to all those tabs being opened.)

One thing I love about the morning is a fresh start. I want a clean slate. I've got browser history and bash history etc... ways of getting back to where I was. I don't want to be welcomed in the morning to a bunch of opened windows and tabs. This functionality also slows down the time to fully boot.

I can't figure out where this is handled. It's not in Autostart.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I do not use kde but I believe that is session management, firefox has its own switch in preferences.
https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kde-workspace/kcontrol/kcmsmserver/index.html

1 Like

You can indeed change that in Desktop session settings, just select "start with an empty session' on login (or restore manually if you want)

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by