If Arch disappeared....

Hypothetically speaking, if Arch and all its derivatives suddenly vanished from the face of the Earth, what would you use instead? (note: not an opinion thread, and please avoid distro bashing. Just say which one you would use.) Personally, I would go for either Fedora or Mageia. As much as I like Slackware it has its limits.

2 Likes

Back to Debian for me, probably via SolydXK.

9 Likes

For me. Void Linux and NixOS.

8 Likes

Debian. Or giving FreeBSD another chance.

4 Likes

Ubuntu or Zorin.

2 Likes

I wouldn't want to live.

8 Likes

SolydXK, it is one of the most stable OS in the Linux Corral. It's done right by a very dedicated team of dev's

4 Likes

I'd probably take a look at NixOS.

4 Likes

Windows 10.

4 Likes

Bruh. Why

1 Like

Cuz every thing else suck..... :crazy_face:

2 Likes

What's next? Ya'll gonna become Mac users on me?

4 Likes

If Arch disappeared, I'd assume M$oft already purchased everything else and that's all that is left.

But seriously, most likely Fedora. Or anything not Ubuntu based.

8 Likes

Does not sound like a bad idea. If I stop playing games on PC over all. Then I'll have a look into MacOS. If I ever get fed up with linux over all.

4 Likes

Haha. But jokes aside, you actually touched on one of the points I was hoping to make in this thread. That the Linux community as a whole is so broad, that even if one distro failed, we can bounce back and keep the flame from dying out. M$ may not have as big a chance as people may think. Anyhow, let's get back on topic and see if any other distros come up. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Remember, you are under contractual obligation to tell every person in a 10 mile radius you own a mac. :grin:

6 Likes

You just reminded me of this meme.
kbc

14 Likes

I'll just get a Bumper Car Stickers. But it the back of my car. For all the poor soul will learn that: "BTW, I used Mac!"

:wink:

3 Likes

I do not know if I would still use a Linux-based operating system, or if I would just stick to Windows and call it a day.

3 Likes

...then the loss of historical ancient Roman aquaducts, bridges, buildings et al as they spontaneously crumbled into nothingness would be devastating. We'd really feel it all across Straya at the disappearance of our significant Roman civil engineering artefacts. Plus, then there's all the flow-on cultural losses. Life of Brian would have been a much lesser artwork.

Oh i'd call it many other words, not that one.

9 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by