I'm seeing these emojis separately instead of united when typing on Mastodon and I'm not sure why

I'm not sure where to post this but I'm seeing these emojis separately instead of united when typing on Mastodon and I'm not sure why

This is Manjaro stable (Plasma) and Firefox 58.0.2

Why does it happen and how can I fix it?

Thank you so much

:bug: in their platform maybe ? I don't think it uses the Emoticons from KDE plasma, but you can check in the Icon Settings > Emoticons ...

I already checked it and seems like, as you said, it doesn't.

I asked the author of the social network and he told me it wasn't about the platform but the OS: https://mastodon.social/@Gargron/99650013735933749

But you use the browser and not the micro client from AUR (mstdn) ... A bit strange his reply ... What happens if you use another browser?

Possibly 1) you're using a different font in the text box than the one Mastodon uses in the interface, or 2) they convert the emoji Unicode to an image so it will always display correctly to all users.

I think it's probably the font. That's what I see on Midori:

Try

sudo pacman -S noto-fonts-emoji

(You might also have to set your interface font to Noto Sans.)

It's already installed :slightly_frowning_face:

And my system already uses Noto Sans by default.
Also changed Ffox font and restarted it but the issue remains.

It's not an issue - a text entry box can't use PNG images. That's just life.

You'd have to find a font that includes the emoji glyphs in the same style as the images. That font may or may not exist.

I see, thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by