I'm so tired of gnome... help me switch to openbox

Hi everyone... As the title suggest, I want to switch to openbox... I have a lots of file on my computer (mainly pictures that i take) and I don't want to reinstall the complete OS... is there a simple way to do this, or am I doomed to live with (not that pretty nor snappy) gnome for the rest of my life ?

Cheers KLM

The instructions are here:
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Install_Desktop_Environments#Openbox

I haven't tested those personally so I am not sure how close that gets you to the actual openbox edition.

Also, make sure you read all the warnings and information at the top.

2 Likes

and

backup

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

ah thanks, I made a backup of all my pictures thnak you, it's just that I'm a bit lazy... I tried the instructions you linked, and, as far as I am concerned, (for openbox at least) they are not working :S... for the second comand line

• "sudo pacman -S oblogout obconf lxappearance-obconf-gtk3 obmenu openbox-themes-extra", when i try it, it says to me : "erreur : impossible de trouver la cible : obmenu" (wich translate to impossible to find the target : obmenu"...

Unfortunately, obmenu is an AUR package and pacman can't find it.

4 aur/obmenu 1.0-12 (+1 0.42%) 
    Openbox menu editor.
3 aur/obmenu3 1.04-1 (+10 0.00%) 
    Openbox menu editor - replacement of obmenu
2 aur/obmenu-generator 0.85-1 (+112 0.44%) 
    A fast pipe/static menu generator for the Openbox Window Manager (with icons support).
1 community/obmenu-generator 0.84-1 (13.5 KiB 53.0 KiB) 
    A fast pipe/static menu generator for the Openbox Window Manager (with icons support).

@dalto Maybe a wiki update?

Try kickshaw instead.

Also check this snippet on gitlab

You may also find this helpful in your migration

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by