Inkscape issue

Hello. I am using Inkscape and there unlike in Windows there is no way to lock the height/width of an object when resizing it via the tool control bar. Is Inkscape just different on Manjaro or should I download it from the official site and not from the app center?

Hello,

No issue here

• unlocked

If you refer to the repository, then
sudo pacman -Syu inkscape
will install it from there.

If you refer to snap or flatpak, then i don't know as i don't use them, but there should be no difference and should work as intended.

By the way, holding Ctrl while dragging the size of an object, should "lock" the ratio.

2 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I am am referring to the tool control bar (it may not actually be called that) where I can enter precise measurements.

So I should not have to reinstall it (I installed it from the default app installer program on Manjaro KDE. I do not know that actual name).

If you've installed it from Add/Remove Software (pamac) or a pacman command then there is no need to install it from an "official site"

There should be a padlock icon between the W(idth) and H(eight) toolbar controls.
If it's missing then it could be a theming issue.

Yes, that is the name. Thank you.

I will try changing themes then. I changed the theme once already because the icons were too light to see.

I just realised that the padlock is not visible when using the circle tool but it is when using the default tool that looks like a mouse clicker (sorry for my useless post, you can delete it if you wish).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by