Installation failed 2nd time

Hi people, I have just joined the Forum and I would like some help please.
I am a struggling Linux/Ubuntu user that is very keen to try Manjaro as I have read glowing reports on how stable and easy it is to use.
I was running KDE Neon but I want to move on. I am trying to install Manjaro Gnome newest version. I've created a live USB to use for the install.
On the first attempt I had a "Failed install, unable to create a Partition" so I looked through the Forum and saw that I should create a partition first and that should solve it. I used Gparted and the total disk was partitioned without a choice to manually size it.
Ok, I tried again, nope no luck. There was a few fails so I took a screen shot so as they can be seen.
I hope someone can help. Thanks.
Use a "keyword search" to make sure your question has not already been asked. For example "failed to verify key" or "sound is muted".

Make sure you include enough detail so people know what you are running. A useful command is inxi -Fxz; copy and paste the text and format as "code" (e.g. use the </> button above).

If possible, paste text rather than upload a photo. Text is easier to read, searchable, and takes up less space on the server. Please don't upload high-resolution photos.

For more information read this post: How to provide good information in your posts

Remember to remove all of this help text before you post.

And you didn't... :smiling_imp:

What "newest" version did you use? The stable install image is still at at release 18.0.4 ─ any install image with a newer version is still in the Testing phase and should not be used for production systems unless you know what you are doing ─ but being a curated rolling-release distribution, you will be on par with the latest software once you update the system.

If you did indeed use 18.0.4, did you check the signature and the checksum on the downloaded image file before you created your bootable USB stick?

How did you create the live USB stick? What tool did you use?

Preliminary diagnosis by lack of information: :thinking:

  1. You had a corrupted download; or
  2. You incorrectly created the live USB; or
  3. You used the experimental install image rather than the Stable one; or
  4. Any combination of the above.

Thanks for replying to my rather confused post. I think you may be correct in your assumptions. I downloaded 'manjaro-gnome-18.0.4-stable-x86_64.iso' and created the USB on the internal program 'Disks' (KDE neon) BUT I didn't check it's integrity. I have done the ' inxi -Fxz ' for you, so I hope it is legible. Also sorry I didn't remove the extra text I was supposed to. I tried to edit it but it didn't work.
So, I guess I'll start again.

[manjaro@manjaro-gnome ~]$ inxi -Fxz
Host: manjaro-gnome Kernel: 4.19.28-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64
compiler: gcc v: 8.2.1 Desktop: Gnome 3.30.2 Distro: Manjaro Linux
Type: Desktop Mobo: ASUSTeK model: A85XM-A v: Rev X.0x serial:
BIOS: American Megatrends v: 6002 date: 03/15/2013
Topology: Dual Core model: AMD A4-5300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics
bits: 64 type: MCP arch: Piledriver rev: 1 L2 cache: 1024 KiB
flags: lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3 svm
bogomips: 13605
Speed: 1397 MHz min/max: 1400/3400 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1398 2: 1400
Device-1: AMD Caicos [Radeon HD 6450/7450/8450 / R5 230 OEM]
vendor: ASUSTeK driver: radeon v: kernel bus ID: 01:00.0
Display: x11 server: 1.20.4 driver: radeon
OpenGL: renderer: AMD CAICOS (DRM 2.50.0 / 4.19.28-1-MANJARO LLVM 7.0.1)
v: 3.3 Mesa 18.3.4 direct render: Yes
Device-1: AMD FCH Azalia vendor: ASUSTeK driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel
bus ID: 00:14.2
Sound Server: ALSA v: k4.19.28-1-MANJARO
Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
vendor: ASUSTeK P8 series driver: r8169 v: kernel port: d000
bus ID: 04:00.0
IF: enp4s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac:
Local Storage: total: 4.55 TiB used: 800.99 GiB (17.2%)
ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: SanDisk model: Ultra II 240GB size: 223.57 GiB
ID-2: /dev/sdb vendor: Western Digital model: WD10EACS-00ZJB0
size: 931.51 GiB
ID-3: /dev/sdc vendor: Western Digital model: WD7500AACS-00D6B0
size: 698.64 GiB
ID-4: /dev/sdd vendor: Western Digital model: WD20EZRX-00DC0B0
size: 1.82 TiB
ID-5: /dev/sde type: USB vendor: Western Digital model: WD Elements 25A2
size: 931.48 GiB
ID-6: /dev/sdf type: USB model: Mass Storage Device size: 7.40 GiB
ID-1: / size: 5.68 GiB used: 144.6 MiB (2.5%) fs: overlay source: ERR-102
System Temperatures: cpu: 6.5 C mobo: N/A gpu: radeon temp: 47 C
Fan Speeds (RPM): cpu: 0
Processes: 186 Uptime: 2h 50m Memory: 7.58 GiB used: 1.33 GiB (17.6%)
Init: systemd Compilers: gcc: N/A Shell: bash v: 5.0.0 inxi: 3.0.32
[manjaro@manjaro-gnome ~]$

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by