Installation won’t pass the welcome screen (xfce Lysia)

Hi!
Im very new to Linux os..
Today ive decided to install Manjaro XFCE 20.0.1 Lysia to my old pc (motherboard asus commando , intel core 2, amd graphic card 2 gb m)
It seems that it doesnt let me proceed with the installation as it literally stuck on welcome screen (waiting for 8 modules).
In the Live mode (before the installation) it seems to work just fine .. I can change resolutions found internet provider etc ...
I used a usb flash 16gb using the iso extraction program officially recommended here .. Also did the checksum before installation..
can you help??
Thanks in advance!

Close the calamares installer window and open a terminal.
Type:

sudo calamares

which will run the installer. DO NOT close the terminal window. Log in to the forums through the live environment on Firefox and copy the terminal output here. Use the Preformated text option so we can read it without issues.

here is the text from the terminal
[manjaro@manjaro ~]$ sudo calamares
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
03:25:41 [2]: void Calamares::flavorAndSide(const YAML::Node&, const char*, Calamares::Branding::PanelFlavor&, Calamares::Branding::PanelSide&)
WARNING:Branding setting for sidebar is missing, using "widget" "left"
03:25:41 [2]: void Calamares::flavorAndSide(const YAML::Node&, const char*, Calamares::Branding::PanelFlavor&, Calamares::Branding::PanelSide&)
WARNING:Branding setting for navigation is missing, using "widget" "bottom"
03:25:41 [2]: Calamares::Branding::Branding(const QString&, QObject*)
WARNING:Invalid or missing slideshowAPI in branding file.
03:25:41 [2]: Calamares::Branding::Branding(const QString&, QObject*)
WARNING:the branding component "/usr/share/calamares/branding/manjaro" does not ship translations.
03:25:42 [2]: QString Calamares::_stylesheet(const QDir&)
WARNING:The branding component "/usr/share/calamares/branding/manjaro" does not ship stylesheet.qss.
03:25:59 [0]: OpenType support missing for "Mukti Narrow", script 12
03:25:59 [0]: OpenType support missing for "Bitstream Vera Sans", script 12
03:25:59 [0]: OpenType support missing for "Droid Sans", script 11
03:26:00 [2]: virtual void PartitionViewStep::setConfigurationMap(const QVariantMap&)
WARNING:Partition-module does not support userSwapChoices setting "file"
03:26:00 [2]: virtual void PartitionViewStep::setConfigurationMap(const QVariantMap&)
WARNING:Partition-module does not support userSwapChoices setting "reuse"
03:26:01 [2]: virtual void MachineIdJob::setConfigurationMap(const QVariantMap&)
WARNING:MachineId: configuration setting symlink is deprecated, use dbus-symlink.
03:26:01 [2]: virtual void FinishedViewStep::setConfigurationMap(const QVariantMap&)
WARNING:Configuring the finished module with deprecated restartNowEnabled settings

Moved to the installation category in #support-for-official-editions because Xfce is a official edition, not a community edition.

Ok thanks

1 Like

I left the system trying to find the 8 modules many hours and it actually moved on to the next stage . I created password etc and in the partition section I clicked on the erase disk.
At 20% the whole process freeze and I couldn’t access anything on the pc .. Afrer a while I rebooted the system , used the terminal emulator to run calamares and I moved on to the partition section almost immediately! The problem now is that instead of having 500gb I’d space I have 298! I think the system has created a partition I cannot have access to !
Please help

Launch Gparted in your live session and have a look at your disk. It is in the application menu and the password is manjaro.

You can also launch the installer in debug mode from a terminal, paste the output to a "pastebin" service and post the link to the forum for those who know how to troubleshoot Calamares to have a look. In a terminal run:

sudo -E calamares -d

Ok thanks everything’s fine !
I restarted the installation now I’m 7%
Hope to finish this time

Nope.. image

I don't know why this happened. You could try creating a new partition table from under "Device" tab.
If your system supports UEFI then choose GPT. See if you get the riht amount of GB afterwards.

It looks you forgot about this :arrow_up:

Other things that comes to mind:

Did you check the sha sums of the downloaded iso?

How did you make the bootable USB? What software did you use?

I have followed the instructions here (about) The ISO usb Creation .. also checked the sum as instructed.

I did everything on Windows 10 .

You mean create a partition table using Gparted?

Yes in Gparted.

Where?

Hi again ,
It doesn’t let me save the Paste text in paste in. There is an Linux error message Saying that there is not enough disk space !!!!!!!!!
Can I use another way?

I have just posted at savebin.com a public paste of the installation procedure since I cannot save it in my pc ..
Hopefully you can check it out..
User name : psycube
Title: psycube manjaro xfce installation error report

Thanks for providing the info! I am afraid troubleshooting Calamares installer is beyond me. I am sure more advanced users will help you out with that.

Will someone see it?

Forum kindly sponsored by