Intel Rapid Storage Technology

New Dell XPS 13 9360 i7-8550u. Came shipped with Win 10 installed and RST raid preconfigured. Can't install Manjaro because none of the volumes show up in the installer unless I switch the raid from RST to AHCI in the BIOS, which renders my Win 10 unbootable.
Can't find Linux support for the RST RAID configuration. Am I just stuck? Is my only way out to rebuild the RAID in AHCI mode, reinstall Win 10, and then install Manjaro?

Have you started here:

As I understand it RST has been supported for a long time.

I believe its handled by mdraid, and you have to install that if you haven't already.

Then you have to scan for drives. See this slightly dated article:
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=129866

Also this Arch article:

Without disrupting the Windows 10 install?
I thought shutting off the BIOS RAID system, switching to a software RAID for a dual-boot configuration, would wreck an RST partition and make Win10 inaccessible.

I checked the link above and saw the mdadm option before i posted this original question, but posted anyway because none of the instructions in there appeared to offer a non-destructive dual-boot method. I really don't want to have to redo my Win10 installation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by