Is Manjaro Deepin dead?

Hey,
Im using Deepin but according to old packages I want to try something new with Deepin Desktop. I google to find linux with newest packages using Deepin desktop. Unfortunatelly I could not find any distro using Deepin. I found old Manjaro used to deepin desktop but now I cannot find official download link. Is that project dead?

4 Likes

No, nor is the search forum function :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It's pining for the fjords...

2 Likes

The best deepin is deepin os :man_shrugging:

2 Likes
1 Like

hi there, I've been using manj deepin for around a year and whereas it's not listed as such now, here is a link to the manajro deepin repo where you'll find the last stable .iso. After installing it, update at the terminal (using the command: sudo -Syyuu) and i think you'll get what you are after (I've been using manj deepin for just under a year and haven't had problems except doing larger updates from the gui updater!).. Maybe I'm lucky as haven't had any other huge problems with it, and the base does update and the DE is 15.11. So, not dead, just taking a back seat.

https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro-community/storage/deepin/18.0.2/

2 Likes

Google is a very bad search engine for things you cannot buy.

2 Likes

:duck: :duck: :walking_man:

:stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I love that - hilarious & witty!

1 Like

I think it's just a subtle way to suggest everyone should really be using KDE. . .

(It's a joke for any non native English speakers)

:star: T :page_with_curl:

3 Likes

I have that one set as the Home page in my browsers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

After reading the second link of the first answer, I would advise to consider a Manjaro Deepin installation as a playground and have a backup solution if the DE stops working.

1 Like

For now, yes. People using Deepin can still get updates, but there is no Stable ISO offered for now.

Although as you can see in the topic given in links, Oberon is trying to revive it.

2 Likes

I installed it last night alongside my other DEs and it is fine, very minor problems, runs well

2 Likes

You can easily install Manjaro deepin through Manjaro architect but I'm thinking of going to another desktop just because it doesn't meet my needs for how I want to use my desktop

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by