Is there any changelogs for manjaro community-editions?

I'm using Manjaro Awesome WM community-edition.
Additional info:

~ >>> lsb_release -a                                                                                                                   
LSB Version:  n/a
Distributor ID:  ManjaroLinux
Description:  Manjaro Linux
Release:  20.0.1
Codename:  Lysia
~ >>> uname -a                                                                                                                         
Linux user-pc 4.19.122-1-MANJARO #1 SMP Sun May 10 14:02:27 UTC 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux

So, is there any changelogs for manjaro community-editions? Maybe for Awesome WM edition particularly?
I've been trying to compare updates that I'm getting with pacman -Syu with those in Telegram channel here: @ManjaroUpdates
And in corresponding thread here on the forum (For example like here)
and I can see that there are discrepancies...
Or maybe I'm doing it wrong?

The community editions refers to the ISO profiles. You can see all the changes on gitlab.manjaro.org but any changes there won't impact your running system.

Once the system is installed, it is just a Manjaro system like any other. What kind of discrepenencies are you referring to? Can you give an example?

Thank you for the reply! I will try to provide example as soon as possible.

If discrepancies are to be understood as

• My Awesome system do not have the same packages
  • My Awesome system do not look like the ISO

And that will probably be correct.

Please know that any Manjaro edition is based on the same core packages - the mentioned updates will in most parts be identical for all systems. The difference will be the applications you are using.

E.g. Firefox vs. Chromium - or LibreOffice vs. Free Office.

When Microsoft and Apple makes additions or changes to the overall experience they change the enduser's system accordingly.

Manjaro never does that.

Live ISO compared to installed system

If you want to adapt your system to the latest ISO you must do it manually.

• Theming packages must be applied manually
  • Package selection must be applied manually

As @dalto mention - there is no changelog - just the iso-profiles - which may or may not be branched of in versions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by