Jocular June (2020) Screenshots

Space Ghost! :open_mouth:

It was slightly unexpected, but sorely needed.

If you revers my post. You get the title of the show.

Space Ghost: Coast to Coast

Ya.. I was that board.

1 Like

BTT :wink:

2020-06-21_00-22

10 Likes

11 Likes

This is my current setup: Dark Material design with a bit of Windows 10/ChromeOS inspiration.

Screenshot_20200621_142342

Screenshot_20200621_143337

Screenshot_20200621_142319

• Plasma theme: Materia Mono
  • App theme: Materia Dark (Kvantum, GTK2, GTK3)
  • Window decoration: Breeze Enhanced (Git version from AUR)
  • Icon theme: Papirus
  • Bottom panel/taskbar: Latte Dock
  • Cursor theme: Material Cursors Light
  • Fonts: Roboto Slab (title bars), Roboto Mono (terminal), Iosevka Extended (VSCode editor), Roboto (everything else)
  • (Oh My) Zsh theme: fishy
    I modified it to look like the default bash prompt in Debian, Ubuntu, etc. and display the current time in the style of npm (Node Package Manager).
  • VSCode color theme: Materia with some color modifications in settings file
  • Wallpaper source here
Taskbar widgets/plasmoids, from left to right:
  • Favorites in a Grid App Launcher
  • Present Windows button
  • Virtual Desktop Bar
  • Latte Task Launcher (built-in)
  • System Load Viewer (built-in)
  • System Tray (built-in)
  • Event Calendar
  • Analog Clock (built-in)
  • Latte Spacer set to 4px

Notes:

• I slightly modified Plasma color and Kvantum themes to have window backgrounds match colors with their titlebars.
  • For some reason, installing the Virtual Desktop Bar plasmoid with the Download New Plasma Widgets dialog didn't work, so I had to get it from the AUR instead.
  • I had to use Latte to achieve the translucent panel background with blur, similar to the taskbar from Windows 10.
  • Wallpaper changes every 24 hours, and each one features a different anime schoolgirl.
  • Despite that I'm from the US, I prefer 24-hour time over the usual 12-hour style as it has stuck with me my whole life. (My grandpa taught me how to read military time when I was at least 6.)

Any questions, comments, and feedback are appreciated.

12 Likes

Well I tried Fedora. Apparently I really don't like GNOME, and I just don't understand Linux outside of pacman anymore. I give up, so I'm giving KDE another go on Endeavour before I go through another full Arch install again. The kwin tiling script is good enough for my tiling needs, AND I can turn it off if I don't want to use it for some reason. Seems like a safe compromise going through the hassle with swapping i3 in. Bonus, Plasma seems to be by far the best HiDPi integration of any DE I've tried so far.

Screenshot_20200621_190314
Screenshot_20200621_190148

8 Likes

My problem with this part. Is that your screenshot are in 2K res. Which I don't run into HiDPi issue. 4K and weird res like 3000x2000. I do notice where HiDPi come into play.

BSPWM today... just dark and simple with simplepanel [credit @kainonergon] and plank with a simple conky :slight_smile:
Shot-on-BSPWM-22062020145041

15 Likes

Maybe that's what it is. It was called hi def when it came out in 2015, it was by far the easiest DE to get things to look correct. Also note this resolution is on a 14" laptop - Lenovo x1 carbon. Most look either tiny or out right cartoonish with base settings. It was one slider scale with a reboot and that's all the effort I had to do

#newbie #manjaro-kde
I customized it to look like mac and have removed kde shadows to make it more attractive!!!
Here you go!
Screenshot_20200622_164225
Screenshot_20200622_164128

7 Likes

I can see this being a little bit of a issue on a 14" laptop. Maybe a 15.6" laptop. Not 17". But I own 2 27" monitor. Maybe why I'm not noticing any HiDPI issues.

Plasma.

11 Likes

manjaro

11 Likes

I was thinking for July maybe "jubilant July"?

1 Like

Nah, Jolly July would be better. If we're being jocular now, then jolly would be the next stage, wouldn't it? :laughing:

2 Likes

Pls stop suggesting new codenames for Ubuntu, guys :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

If that is the case, I would call it Janked Up July.

4 Likes

More Budgie, haven't felt the need to switch in a long time.

10 Likes

I stand for love. And I also stand for justice. And in the name of the :full_moon: , I will punish myself for knowing this line!
:crossed_swords: :cry: :gun: bye weird internet
:ghost:

JK

2 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by