Driver Status: bcma is active
    Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe bcma"
  Model: "Intel I210 Gigabit Network Connection"
  Driver: "igb"
  Device File: ens2
  Link detected: yes
    Driver Status: igb is active
    Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe igb"

Ok there was a bit of a change, but not what we needed. please install kernel 4.14 through Manjaro settings manager. Also install the linux414-headers and then reboot into kernel 4.14.

Alright. I have it installed but am going to need to take a minute to figure out how to get GRUB up and running so I can boot into it.

Hold the shift key down during boot.

Unfortunately that isn't working. I may have something configured incorrectly.

When was the last time you updated. When did you install this version. Have you had this adapter working on a live boot or any other OS recently.

I installed from a USB this afternoon. When I boot it goes directly into Manjaro. If I hold alt/option down on boot I can choose between MacOS and Manjaro using the default Mac boot selection screen.

Did you update after installing.

Was the adapter working on the live install or any other OS recently.

No I haven't updated since the default install. I'm considering maybe just starting over at this point? Not sure what to do really, but I feel bad taking up your time on things aside from the original issue that I haven't researched or set up properly.

This is the third time I've had to ask the same question. That usually means I'm in need of a break, as I quickly lose patience when I have to repeat the same question 3 times.

Let me know when you figure out how to boot into kernel 4.14, and maybe we can take this up again later.

One last thing have you tried putting the laptop into suspend/resume yet. If not do so asap to see what happens.

Sorry, I'm not sure what adapter you are referring to. Do you mean the wifi card? The bootable usb drive?

I'll probably just do a clean install and try to do some more research on GRUB and get 4.14 running. Then I'll go back through the initial guide and hope for better results. If I still can't get everything to work I'll ping you again. Thanks for your time and patience.

Wifi adapter.

After suspend/resume the wired connection no longer detects and has to be plugged in again to recognize itself. Other than that, no change.

Yes, it is the built in wifi card in my laptop and it works totally fine when I boot to MacOS. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Thank you and good luck.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by