It's been some months since I started using this DE and I thought this kind of things (privacy concerns) were a thing of the past --looking at the window...-- But recently I started noticing that plasma keeps track (a history) of my activities, the ones I noticed are:
- Dolphin file manager has a "Recently Saved" section where you can see a history of your file access ordered by date...
- KDE Application launcher also has a history tab...
Would it be possible to disable by default all kind of tracking "features" that plasma have enabled by default? (I would even disable the baloo indexing framework, when you can easily find any file using the terminal...)
Personally, I don't see any usefulness in knowing that I accessed x file or y app the other day (and whatnot is being logged)... Maybe if it's for work or some kind of business control, but I think this should be disabled by default (or, at least, it should ask for permission).
Just my opinion. Thanks for reading.
- I like the history features in KDE Plasma
- I don't care about my activities being logged at all
- Please, disable this "features" by default