Does anybody experiencing something similar?
- copying a 5G file on same disk -> everything hangs (mouse pointer too, I'm using Gnome/Wayland)
- extracting a big archive - same
- copying from usb - similar
- importing VirtualBox image - system is not responsive
- running VirtualBox machine - system is laggy, hard to write commands, hard to hit elements by mouse
After switching back to 4.19.91 everything works fine.
# cat /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler [mq-deadline] kyber bfq bfq-mq none
$ inxi -MmDC Machine: Type: Laptop System: Dell product: Precision 3520 v: N/A serial: <root required> Mobo: Dell model: 0G0G6Y v: A00 serial: <root required> UEFI: Dell v: 1.16.0 date: 07/03/2019 Memory: RAM: total: 15.55 GiB used: 7.62 GiB (49.0%) RAM Report: permissions: Unable to run dmidecode. Root privileges required. CPU: Topology: Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-7700HQ bits: 64 type: MT MCP L2 cache: 6144 KiB Speed: 3547 MHz min/max: 800/3800 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 3603 2: 3601 3: 3370 4: 3546 5: 3560 6: 3520 7: 3448 8: 3491 Drives: Local Storage: total: 447.13 GiB used: 359.18 GiB (80.3%) ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Toshiba model: TR200 size: 447.13 GiB
What's going on with 5.x line?