Laptop battery doesn't charge

Hello all,

I'm running Manjaro i3 for a year now and I haven't got any particular problem since last month.

My problem is simple: The battery doesn't load anymore. I firstly thinking about the end of life of my battery (it's a low cost laptop) so I bought a new one, but the please is still the same..

Here's the display with my new battery (tested by the vendor as working) :

$ upower -i /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_BAT0
  native-path:          BAT0
  vendor:               Notebook
  model:                BAT
  serial:               0001
  power supply:         yes
  updated:              lun. 13 mai 2019 10:57:01 +07 (63 seconds ago)
  has history:          yes
  has statistics:       yes
  battery
    present:             yes
    rechargeable:        yes
    state:               charging
    warning-level:       none
    energy:              0 Wh
    energy-empty:        0 Wh
    energy-full:         0 Wh
    energy-full-design:  0 Wh
    energy-rate:         0 W
    percentage:          0%
    capacity:            100%
    technology:          lithium-ion
    icon-name:          'battery-caution-charging-symbolic'

I'm afraid about the line energy-full-design: 0 Wh which (from what I've understood) means that the battery can't charge more than 0Wh (which sounds absurd)...

Thanks all in advance for your help :heart:

1 Like

Maybe???

I don't remember any reset switch on my laptop (I will check when I'll be back home, but I don't have much hope for that)..

Also, the LED showing if the laptop is charging is always on (I don't have the "flickering" thing that the OP talk about in your topic) :confused: Actually, I'm not even sure if the battery is well detected by the laptop (no icon in tray).

Do you think that I should give a try to charge my laptop with a Debian LiveUSB ? In case it's a software problem from Manjaro :thinking:

I don't find how to edit my original post so I put it here as a new reply :

My laptop is a Clevo N24_25JU (from Product Name in dmidecode) and here's a link in clevo products page (which strangely have another name...)

You never know. May be the easiest way to see what is going on. Once charged Manjaro might see the battery. :ghost:

I'll try in the same time as checking if I have a switch in the laptop. But the laptop doesn't charge when it's plugged-in and turned off..
But I'll try, sometimes informatics is cosmic :man_shrugging:

Something weird going on for sure. Keep plugging away at it.

Ok so :

• Firstly, I've try to reset the BIOS, but it didn't changed anything
  • I've checked both my batteries, and they both have energy-full-design: 0 Wh on Manjaro and Ubuntu 18.04
  • Now, I've changed the UEFI hopping for a miracle on Ubuntu, but I have very low hope...

Do I've forget something to solve my issue on the software side ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by