Laptop system suddenly slow after changing power source from battery to plug in

I have a habbit of using the battery down to 15% than plug in to recharge until full to have a good battery cycle, but everytime I plug in the system suddenly to perform extremly slow, I can notice the CPU ramping up to 40 ~ 50% just doing easy task like browsing using Chrome, this normally only takes around 5%.

This last for around 10 minutes or if I restart the system and everything is fine. So I'm not sure if it's because of the power % is causing some limit to performance or it's because the plug in of power source, but I tried to plug in and out multiple times and nothing really happens, so I'm assuming some thing happens when the battery level is under certain percentage and when plugged in under that cetain % something must be happening in the background. From my observation, I'm assuming this happens when the battery level is under 35 ~ 38%.

Sorry if I'm not following any community rules it's first time posting here and please let me know if you need and information of my system I'll provide it asap.

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

What is probably happening is Intel's Dynamic Frequency Scaling activating but without more information that is hard to say, so please:

1. Run this in a terminal:

watch --interval=5 'lscpu | grep "CPU MHz"

and report back what is happening at what battery %

2. Read this:

and post some more information so we can see what's really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies...

:innocent:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you're using, which CPU/GPU you have, ...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by