Lenovo Thinkpad 220X WiFi problems

Hello all,

I've got a problem with my WiFi at a Lenovo Thinkpad 220X, running Manjaro xfce.
In the menu tray it states it is active and it finds my WLAN but I cannot connect to it.
I tried the following to look what is up (or down) and found out the following:

$ mhwd-kernel -li
Currently running: 4.6.2-1-MANJARO (linux46)

$ lspci -k | grep Network
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205 [Taylor Peak] (rev 34)

$ inxi -Fx:
Card-2: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 [Taylor Peak] driver: iwlwifi bus-ID: 03:00.0
IF: wlp3s0 state: down mac: 8c:70:5a:28:9d:b4

$ sudo ip link set wlp3s0 up
but the device ist still down without any visible reaction.

$ iw dev wlp3s0 link
Not connected.

so I looked up the wich firmware is installed (maybe it's good to know, even though most of the output is already shown above..):

$ dmesg | grep firmware
[ 3.090937] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: loaded firmware version 18.168.6.1 op_mode iwldvm

I tried following this guide, but it did not really help: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wireless_network_configuration#Check_the_driver_status

Does someone has a clue? Several reboots of the system didn't help either.
Thanks so far for taking time. :sweat_smile:

Users can maintain and manage wireless and wired interfaces using Wicd
Wicd is another advanced alternative to NetworkManager Applet , it is available in
official repository ( sudo pacman -S wicd )

More intel and installation guide can be obtained on: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/wicd

Maybe you just have wifi turned off?

Do you have any phisical buttons to control wifi/bluetooth activity?

If not, what does rfkill list tell you?

I had no time to check your replies yesterday so I turned on my Laptop today and it just worked.
I tried restarting it about 5-8 times the last time but okay.

Thank you very much for your help, I'm sorry for dealing you trouble.

@ApolloWhite: Nevertheless I will check this tool out, sounds promising. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by