Live CD won't boot Manjaro KDE 19.0.2

Some settings are in UEFI some set as legacy at the moment, and it's been running for about 15 mins or so in background.

I made the USB on Mac with balenaEtcher.

Did the ISO boot up in VirtualBox?

Not booting using virtual box and the iso works fine on the laptop and old old old pc (2008).

Removed gpu temporarily as it only seems to run in legacy mode only, and booted with everything UEFI using igpu.

1 Like

No issue still isn’t fixed I have Manjaro installed on the machine now. However when I plug in my gpu I land on a grey screen.

I have read online about something called nomodeset or something but don’t know where I’m supposed to put it. I have attached screenshot to what I can currently see.image
Second image is what is displayed after pressing ‘e’

Please read this:

and post some more information so we can see what's really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies...

:innocent:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you're using, which CPU/GPU you have, ... (especially if you're talking about "Plugging it in": eGPU?)

so you are telling me by removing a GPU and using the internal GPU of the CPU it boots up. What kind of additional GPU do you have. It seems like the classic dual GPU issue which might not get detected by mhwd. Please share the output of mhwd -lh.

No it’s not an egpu I’ve put an r7 260x amd gpu into my pci express slot on the motherboard.

I’ve got a Radeon R7 260x gpu, it boots on the cpus integrated one just fine.

To do that command won’t I need the terminal. If so I’ll have to remove gpu but I don’t know if it’ll detect the gpu by hot swapping it in whilst running off igpu? A bit confused

So it is a normal PC then and not a laptop? What parts do you have and is the internal graphics card disabled by the BIOS?

1 Like

Yes This is my normal PC,
Here are the specs:
A8-6500 APU
Radeon R7 260X
6GB Ram

Bios is a generic one from median. I don’t think there’s an option to disable igpu but I’ll check once again.
Set to peg (pci express graphics for bios)

Noted updated profile details

1 Like

I've uploaded a rebuild of KDE 19.0.2 to our Servers

Is this for a fix for the black screen issue ?
Thanks for the heads up.

The black screen is most likely something mhwd doesn't detect your graphics card. We only fixed the installer based on reported issues.

Seems you're not alone with it ...

No worries at some point tomorrow I’ll boot up with igpu and not the 260x gpu. And run the command from terminal to show more details. Is there a way on Manjaro to download the driver manually and install it.

Definitely seems pretty similar had a quick read through the post. Hmmm wonder what it could be

unless you used architect to install and for some reason excluded the package, amdgpu should be installed already on your system

Well when I installed Manjaro it was on the integrated gpu from the cpu. The reason for this was because I was having a black/grey screen issue after selecting the live cd option when the dedicated gpu was plugged in. So I installed Manjaro without the dedicated 260X gpu. And that install worked however as soon as I plug back in my 260x gpu now I can get to the boot screen and select Manjaro but as soon as I click Manjaro the screen is just grey.
So I presume the drivers installer were for the integrated gpu which is also amd but not the same driver the 260x uses.

Forum kindly sponsored by