Manjaro 19.0.1-rc1 released (based on stable-staging)

Here comes our first release-candidate for Manjaro-KDE 19.0.1 Kyria.

Screenshot_20200121_002058

The most obvious addition for the 19.0 series are @bogdancovaciu's new Breath2 themes, including

• icon-theme
  • plasma5-themes (complete with dark themes and custom analog clock)
  • splash animation
  • sddm-theme and
  • wallpaper

Additionally we have added matching skins for Yakuake, color schemes for Konsole thanks to @antikythera, and also editor Kate received some additional colour schemas.

As an alternative to the traditional 'Kickoff' Application Launcher we now also provide Plasma-Simplemenu pre-installed and ready to use.

The default kernel is latest LTS Linux54.

direct | sig | sha1 | torrent

Recent changes since original 19.0 release:

• updated ALSA to 1.2.2
  • renewed the toolchain including binutils, gcc and glibc
  • Bluez got updated to 5.5.3
  • Wayland is now at 1.18.0
  • NetworkManager is at 1.22.8
  • We updated the Kernel to 5.4.22

Thank you as always for your continued valuable feedback.

With these latest release-candidates it will be particularly helpful to collect information about your experience with real hardware installation, including all sorts of encryption and partitioning variations. So if you have that extra piece of hardware sitting in a corner ... please don't hesitate to experiment and try to break stuff as badly as you can! :crazy_face:

Tip:

To adopt the new default look on existing installs please replace manjaro-kde-settings with manjaro-kde-settings-19.0 and after re-logging switch to global theme breath2 in Plasma System Settings.

8 Likes

Hi, I successfully installed manjaro-kde-settings-19.0 and after re-logging the breath2 theme was set as the default without switching to it.
Thanks in advance,

2 Likes

Successfully installed.

Sorry, OSDN download link show File Not Found

1 Like

they probably are uploading a new rc ISO then, all files on there are dated 200224 (the 19.0 release) and not the 19.0.1rc1-200225 at present which the link is looking for.

1 Like

Sadly, a few days ago I installed 19.0 on my new laptop. Everything went well. Now, I find out that there is a new version 19.0, and it appears that this is an update because of things left out of the 19.0. Last night, I looked for updates on Pamac, there were none. I spent a day downloading the programs that are essential for my work. A number of these programs including Rstudio had to be downloaded from AUR after I did a build of the software.

My question is: How can I do this update?

any help on this would be gratefully appreciated.

gary

1 Like

Seems during server cleanup that version got deleted. I'll reupload. We plan to push stable-staging, on which this ISO is based of, to our stable branch. This ISO was only for mostly internal tests if all went fine so far. We might do a 19.0.1 release maybe to a later state or when it is needed.

4 Likes

when pamac says updates are available, install them. you'll be glad to know there's no need to start again.

manjaro is a rolling distribution, the ISO is just a snapshot for new users to install from essentially. You won't miss out on anything between 19.0.0 and 19.0.1.

2 Likes

thank you for the information.

FYI

Thanks to the team in advance!

Forum kindly sponsored by