Manjaro 20.0.1 XFCE keyboard and mouse not responding when installing from usb drive

Hello,

I decided to try Manjaro since I heard a had a lot of great recommendations.

Managed to make bootable USB and started the process. It goes to live desktop and now my mouse and keyboard seem dead. Until this moment everything worked and as soon as desktop pops up light on mouse and keyboard goes off and I cannot proceed to complete the install.

What should I do?

Thanks a bunch

Are you using a Gigabyte motherboard? If so, you need special boot parameters.

If not we need your hardware specs.

3 Likes

Yes, I am using gigabyte 970A-UD3P (rev. 2.x)

AMD FX 6300
Radeon R9 270x 1GB GPU
16BG DDR 3

UPPDATE/// Turned on IOMMU option in BIOS and it works

1 Like

When I used that board I had to use the kernel parameters amd_iommu=on iommu=pt in order for the usb3 to work.

I usually use iommu=soft param, but you need the above params if using a VM.

Glad that fixed you up. It's amazing how many of those mobo's pop up on the forum on a weekly basis. No more Gigabyte boards for me. Such a shame, they are a very good vendor. However, if they don't support Linux properly then no more support from myself.

2 Likes

Yeah, after having the same issue with an old Gigabyte motherboard just a few months ago, I have decided never to buy another Gigabyte product again.

Their "support" for Linux is absolute rubbish.

It is a shame, because the hardware seems to be well-built and they did not cut costs on electronic components.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by