Manjaro 20.01 XCFE - Multiple Display & Driver Problems

Problem 1, my computer is unable to recognize a second monitor. I believe this is from incorrect drivers.

Problem 2, I am not certain what drivers am I to use but have managed to switch to "video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-430xx-bumblebee" for both GP107M[GeForce GTX 1050 Mobile] and UDH Graphics 620 (Intel Corporation).

Been trying to figure this out for a few days now. Any help is appreciated.

I used this guide to set up my nvidia/intel drivers. It worked for me [HowTo] Set up PRIME (output offload) with NVIDIA proprietary driver

Can't help with problem 1, sorry.

1 Like
Section "Module"
    Load "modesetting"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Driver "nvidia"
    BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
    Option "AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration"
EndSection

Is the default recommended information for optiumus.conf, I have the following found by lspci | grep -E "VGA|3D"

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation UHD Graphics 620 (rev 07)
3b:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP107M [GeForce GTX 1050 Mobile] (rev ff)

Just checking to what I should have that BUS ID set to.

I am having the issue that @olividir had with these settings showing up with:
glxinfo | grep -i vendor

server glx vendor string: SGI
client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
OpenGL vendor string: Intel

Is this correct for the video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime driver?

This was the guide I used, there are other guides on the forum regarding setting up Nvidia/Intel hybrid graphics.

I am a novice in these regards, just thought the same guide could help you.
Here is another guide: Guide: Install and configure optimus-manager for hybrid GPU setups (Intel/NVIDIA)

Here is guide for setting up optimus manager: Optimus Manager

Hi, I highly recommend to use the optimus-manager from the guide or can be found here . BUT first remove the video-hybrid-intel-nvidia driver and install only the Nvidia driver and also revert the current changes you made from the guide.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by