Manjaro-bspwm 19.0.2 released

Manjaro-bspwm 19.0.2

This release is a light update bringing Manjaro Bspwm Edition we know and love to 19.0.2. The most major change; Calamares install (full version only) is now available along with the Manjaro-Architect method. This should lower the bar for new users to start loving bspwm as well.

DLOSDN
direct | sig | sha1 | sha256 | torrent

Other changes include:

• Added Etcher for ease of use.

• Enabled non-free drivers and multilib repositories.

• The community has spoken; Office suites have been removed by default. If installing from Calamares, you will be presented with the choice of No Office Suite, LibreOffice or, FreeOffice.

Screenshot_2020-03-21_19-23-25

This is the Full iso built against Stable branch. Both Full and Minimal versions, with any choice in branch, are install-able with manjaro-architect.

18 Likes

Congratulations and good luck to you as new maintainer of Bspwm edition! I'm happy to pass the torch knowing that it is in good hands.

4 Likes

I'm quite happy that you seem to have mostly kept the visual design and ergonomics as it was! Also I would say that it is good to hava Calamares, because it will always install a system, while manjaro-architect might have issues if package names change or packages get dropped, even if @Chrysostomus said to have improved it.

2 Likes

I was honestly gifted with something incredibly well built. I've got a lot of learning to do before any major design or ergonomic changes. For now keeping it generally suckless with a low entry bar.

8 Likes

This, this beautiful piece of conversation right here is what makes me love the manjaro community.
Trying this now. Thank you for the great work all of you :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes!! Made my week! Thank you @airclay!

1 Like

Question: should there be nvidia drivers? on a XFCE Live DVD?

Answer: Nvidia won't provide linux drivers so using their hardware is a pita and will most likely be a hassle to set up with any live iso. Manjaro HardWare Detector does a really good job at setting things up and is most likely used on all manjaro live images

Sorry, what i've meant is: are those kind packages

grafik

are beeing packed with the installation media? So mhwd can choose the proper packages at nonfree drivers?

LF

I tried it live multiple times, mostly fine, maybe font size is too big for 1366 screens.
I've just noticed a bug in Firefox, it doesn't start, but it is fixed by an update.

manjaro@manjaro-bspwm Linux 5.4.24-1-MANJARO x86_64 19.0.2 Kyria
~ >>> firefox
[25513, Main Thread] WARNING: failed to open shm: Permission denied: file /build/firefox/src/firefox-74.0/ipc/chromium/src/base/shared_memory_posix.cc, line 250
ExceptionHandler::GenerateDump cloned child 25541
ExceptionHandler::SendContinueSignalToChild sent continue signal to child
ExceptionHandler::WaitForContinueSignal waiting for continue signal...

I've downloaded a couple different copies and have been unable to reproduce the bug. Might be due to the latest firefox update. Unfortunately I don't have a 1366 screen to test rn.

I'm working on a bmenu clone that will be able to set text sizes (hadn't thought of that yet), colors, alpha levels and other theme-ing options rn. Should offer a quick fix for such issues.

Are there lans to release bspwm 20?

Yes, as soon as zsh by default hits in v20.0.1 there'll be an update.

2 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by