Manjaro-Cinnamon 20.0 Lysia released

I am happy to announce the availability of Manjaro-Cinnamon 20.0 Lysia .
Both a full and a minimal ISO are available for

full:
direct | sig | sha1 | sha256 | torrent
minimal:
direct | sig | sha1 | sha256 | torrent

This release uses kernel linux56 by default and includes Linuxmint's the latest x-apps stack.
mint-themes have just been updated to version 1.8.4
Music player praghe has now been replaced with lollypop and image writer etcher with popsicle.

I hope you enjoy this edition!

18 Likes

Love your cinnamon editions! :slight_smile:

Liebe Grüße nach Innsbruck. Ich hoffe es geht dir und den deinen gut.

1 Like

Would love to see this as an "official edition". I was pretty adamant on running KDE, but man is Cinnamon snappy, would be really, really hard to go back.

4 Likes

is this version include with input method framework ?
Screenshot_2020-04-27_07-37-46

The new mint-theme is using a quite different shade of teal compared to the previous version. The maia icon themes are now incompatible with the teal color from mint themes. Is it possible to give additional variation of mint theme to match the usual manjaro color scheme?

1 Like

I've also realized that. It's more blue than teal.
@oberon can you do something about it, as AngrySpaceElf suggests?

This might be slightly off-topic, but are there any statistics that show which desktop environment is the most popular among Manjaro users? I've only found outdated data regarding this matter. How popular is Cinnamon compared to KDE, Xfce and Gnome? And which of these is the most popular over all?

5 Likes

Yes, I'm working on bringing thre original shade back. Stay tuned! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

you're the best :slight_smile:

For now I don't see any benefit in updating to Mint's newer version with the messed up teal colors.
I have reverted the package to previous version 1.8.3 now and will see how we can maybe adopt a patched 1.8.4 in the future.

3 Likes

Linux Mint devs have reworked the colors of their Mint Y theme. Perhaps they are satisfied with that "bluish" teal?

We'll see if it is a bug or if it is intentional, if they give an answer eventually.

EDIT: Yes, Clem confirmed that it is intentional. @oberon If you absolutely want a more greenish teal, you will have to do some work on your side. :slight_smile:

Yea, it is intentional, they closed that issue already. It is also closer to actual teal color as the old one that we like is probably closer to emerald than teal. What is better is maybe to propose a new "emerald" color that uses about the same color as the old teal. Might be justifiable since they lack shades of green and has quite a surplus of blue shades.

1 Like

What confuses me though is, when you look in the theme source, there is a file called *Mint-Y-Variations-NEW-1a-11-notext.svg which shows this:

For my taste this is actually not, what the new highlight color looks in the new theme version, or is it??

I didn't want a different shade of teal so I held the mint-themes upgrade. It now has an epoch - does that mean it is safe to remove from my ignore list without worries?

Yes, the epoch means that the package manager will consider 1:1.8.3-1 as an upgrade over 1.8.4-1 (even if the software itself actually gets downgraded).

2 Likes

It looks rather like the old Teals than the new one to me.
When I saw the new Teal, I thought I ticked blue instead of teal.

Would be great if you could create a Mint-Y-Emerald and Mint-X-Emerald for Manjaro with the old teal, as AngrySpaceElf suggested.

The funny thing is, i allways thought this "minty-ish teal" was intentional, because, you know... Mint.
I DO like the idea of adding a legacy-emerald theme, for those who like the old look.

1 Like

Oh, I've just tried Lollypop : looks good but on my large music folder, it is almost unusable :frowning:.

Perfect distributon for me thx developers

Forum kindly sponsored by